LogMeIn Question

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Nobylspoon, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Nobylspoon macrumors member

I am looking for an app to run on my Touch that will allow me to monitor my computer usage when I am out of town, catch nosey roommates and such. Does LogMeIn make it obvious to the computer user when you are monitoring them? Also is this something I can do with the free version or should I get the $30 full version?

If there is another app that would be better suited for my needs I would appreciate the suggestions.

2. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

yes a small window pops up and says something like "Logged in from x.x.x.x.x"
    but that was on PC. should be similar to mac
    its been a while for me. but thats what i remember.
    so its not blatantly obvious but it ur aware i guess , ull know

3. Nobylspoon thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I think I will go ahead and pick it up, maybe there is a setting in the preferences to disable it or I can just delete it from the system tray.

4. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

I use it on both my Windows desktop, my Mac Desktop, and my Mac Laptop. A small dialogue box pops up similar to a popup on a website, and says where you are logged in from. If you can find a way to hide that box you'll be fine. It isn't in the system tray though, it's an actual window that pops up in the upper right corner of your screen. Nothing else indicates you are doing a thing, so aside from that, it would be very secretive.

5. bmms8 macrumors 68020

Also, you can close that box and remain logged in.