Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sir SpemzR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Inland Empire
So i plan on starting a little free lance project to make some side money
i dont want to tell anyone the name yet because i havent registered it :rolleyes:

well the name has 3 words starting with I, P, D

and heres the first idea i came up with and i like it, but wanted some criticism on it, and i knew this is where i would get it :D

any comments will help, and hopefully some advice will be given :eek:
ignore the background color...and the 3 single letters

ideau.png

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Without knowing much about what it's attached to I just have to look at these visually. The block cut letters are an interesting take, but it took too long looking at it to read it IPD. Probably wouldn't have if you hadn't said so. Use color or shading to make each surface stand out and draw the eye to the letters in the sequence you want.

The typeface used to the right is questionable, but again you are keeping too much secret for us to really say that much. Whatever you choose to do from this point, don't use type as an object and type together in a logo. Initials wrapped into a smooth graphic (which this isn't) along with the name spelled out works well if the graphic and typeface compliment each other.

Play with it and come back.

Dale

spillproof

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2009
USA
PDI or IPD? P is a bit boring. What if you gave the P some of the rounding techniques you gave the D? I would try in Ps but Ps is so very confusing to me.

jecapaga

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2007
Southern California
Not good or workable at all from a practical point of view. First, it reads PDI. Second, you're showing the logo way too large than what it will usually be scaled to. Design for the smallest size it will ever be used first. You can always scale it to Super Size Logo later. Think of a possible business card.

All that line work will be muddled up if you shrink that 75%. This doesn't address the first problem in that it just doesn't communicate what you've said it is.

Sir SpemzR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Inland Empire
thanks everyone for the feedback, it all makes sense...now ill take another
concept and try it out

ill post it as soon as im done :D

LERsince1991

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Just want to point out this, not sure if it matters but the 'p' and 'd' box wouldn't work in real life, I don't know if it matters. Not sure how to explain it, the 'D' appears to be 2D and the P looks 3D. Because there is a gap on the P side, it makes the D look 2D.

To my eye, thats annoying :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.