Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jayeskreezy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
Currently im working on a magazine website and I need a logo. Im very knowledgeable in photoshop, but I just dont have the time to design a quality logo because this shop needs to go up within the next week. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to design me a quality magazine logo? It doesnt have to be anything off the wall that people pay hundreds of dollars for, but just something clean that will make people want to shop at my site. It doesnt have to be grandiose like im selling electronics. I'd just like a "$" somewhere in it and pics somehow of the magazines.

If interested I'll PM you the slogan and actual website name.

please reply here or PM me ASAP

here's some examples of nice ones:
here
and here

let me know if you can help me out

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
How much will you be paying for this logo? You yourself are being paid to do this site, right?

faustfire

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
California
jayeskreezy said:
It doesnt have to be anything off the wall that people pay hundreds of dollars for, but just something clean that will make people want to shop at my site.

People don't pay hundreds of dollars for logos, they pay thousands.

billyboy

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2003
In my head
faustfire said:
People don't pay hundreds of dollars for logos, they pay thousands.
The guy who designed my avatar in full resolution suitable for monitor and printing press requirements plus a dozen variations of poses of the pisstaker character, plus a couple of full size logos that included his own take on a font and the same character, plus a logo for another site and a new colour scheme for the site - he charged me $180. We think he is brilliant, has a great imagination, he does work for a major web design company so its not like he is a teenager (no disrespect) hobbying around, and can turn stuff round literally in hours. PM me if you want his details.

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
vectormasked said:
Have you ever gone to the dentist and asked to get your teeth whiten just a little for free?

i love how they always add "please" to their request.

Anyone catch the episode of The Office (US) where the photographer was in the office and Michael asked him to take photo of every one?

Michael: "hey, how about a group photo?"
Photographer: "Umm sorry I can't really do that, I'm only re-embursed for the ID photos"
Michael: "oh come on, isn't that just one of those computer cameras anyways?"
Photographer: "You mean digital?"

primalman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
at the end of the hall
Originally Posted by jayeskreezy

here's some examples of nice ones:

You have a week and you can't take 5 minutes to make this?

Attachments

• magsforlesslogo1.gif
    magsforlesslogo1.gif
    5 KB · Views: 136

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
primalman said:
Well, you're definitely getting what you paid for...:eek:

You don't like cooknn's logo? I like it, and I don't think he's hurting for business :confused:

macdon401

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2005
Pleeze!

...I.m really busy so could someone come over to my house and cook my dinner, not a big three course thing just a sandwhich and some soup, after that, cause Im tired could you wash my car, not detail it, just a little wash, and later the back of the house needs a new coat of paint, not the whole house...can't pay you but I will tell a ll my friends what a sucker you are....
I really can't believe some people on this site ....!
R

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
primalman said:
Well, you're definitely getting what you paid for...:eek:
Heh. Okay, I could have been used more tact with my comment, but my intention was to show that you don't need to spend thousands. Take a look at the work on gotlogos.com - not just at my logo. This guy does great work, IMHO.

jayeskreezy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
Blue Velvet said:
How much will you be paying for this logo? You yourself are being paid to do this site, right?

no this is my site...im not being paid to do it...I purchased the hosting space and im putting my time into the store which is why I dont have time to design the logo because I have a fulltime job and a parttime job outside of this site

jayeskreezy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
primalman said:
You have a week and you can't take 5 minutes to make this?

thats not the part I like about the logo...i liked the magazines in the background actually...the pic u listed looked like a ms paint design

...i'd appreciate only serious posters...im not asking too much...i got a top of the line logo done 2 years ago in exchange for a gmail account...its a magazine site...have u seen most of them lately? its really not much to it...i just dont have time because I know im a perfectionist and it takes me like 2 hours to do something non perfectionists will do in 20 minutes

....and as far as im concerned coming over someones house to cook dinner for 3 meals a day is way more work...im also a fulltime wife-thanks for those though who are willing to help

jayeskreezy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
Cooknn said:
Heh. Okay, I could have been used more tact with my comment, but my intention was to show that you don't need to spend thousands. Take a look at the work on gotlogos.com - not just at my logo. This guy does great work, IMHO.

yeah his stuff is nice, but I can do those myself...my issue is a time thing and while i know time is money at the end of the day in order to save $25 i'd take the time to do it myself

ATD

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2005
jayeskreezy said:
... will do in 20 minutes

I am quite sure that the examples you posted (most of them not all) as to the level of design you are shooting for, took more than 20 min.

mouchoir

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2004
London, UK
jayeskreezy said:
...i'd appreciate only serious posters...im not asking too much...

These are all serious posters, and I guess you are asking too much.

You should have checked some previous threads in this section where other people have asked for people to work for nothing. It's never pretty.

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
jayeskreezy said:
im also a fulltime wife-thanks for those though who are willing to help

:eek: a fulltime wife as opposed to a part time wife :confused: If you don't have time to make a logo, you might want to consider the fact that you might not have time to run a website considering you have a full time job, part time job, and are a full time wife.

You must be very busy.

L

Lau

macaddict23 said:
The time that you spent posting this thread and replying to others, could've have been spent on designing that logo. Hurry up--time is money!

Excellent point. :p

tedsmith3rd

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2006
US
...I Support This Message

It is not unreasonable to ask for a free logo, it's probably not even all that rude. It is unreasonable to expect that people will give you free stuff, and if nobody does you've got nothing to complain about.

Some people who spend massive amounts of time on macrumors get quite rude when they see a request for free work. Instead of ignoring the request they spend a good deal of unpaid time tearing down the requester. If you check out profiles, you'll note that a number of these people are unemployed. They apparently believe that doing free work is a waste of their time, while arguing with cheapskates is not.

The value of design is irrelevant to this issue. Someone will design a passable logo for you. Or maybe you'll open photoshop, go way overboard with drop-shadows, lens flares, and fonts to do it yourself. You essentially asked for a crappy logo and somehow the job will get done. The only question is who will spend the time to do it. You said that you don't want to. So surely it can't be all that unreasonable to do your begging in a place for people interested in "Design and Graphics."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.