Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003
I'm kind of new to Final Cut Pro X. I'm working on a project and am trying out the "lower third basic with logo" title. It adds the title and you're able to enter the text. There is a circle that shows "logo here". How exactly are you supposed to get a logo into there? I don't see anything in the inspector that lets you import a graphic to go in that space. I've googled how to do it and all the results are merely just adding titles.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
1599410032634.png

Drop an image into that bit there; It's named a "Drop Zone"
In my screenshot it says "Selecting source clip", but says Drop Zone before it's selected. Also, you can put both an image or a video or whatever in there; If you put a video your logo can, well, be a video

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003
View attachment 950760
Drop an image into that bit there; It's named a "Drop Zone"
In my screenshot it says "Selecting source clip", but says Drop Zone before it's selected. Also, you can put both an image or a video or whatever in there; If you put a video your logo can, well, be a video
I thought maybe that was it, but how do I drag something into there. If I click anywhere else, that window goes away. I have the logo that I want in my media library.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
I thought maybe that was it, but how do I drag something into there. If I click anywhere else, that window goes away. I have the logo that I want in my media library.

What do you mean that the window goes away? I'm not sure I get that; The inspector should stay open. I can create a short video demonstration of doing it if you want?

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003
It works now, thank you for your help! I'm trying to change the opacity of the title but the slider is darkening the whole scene and not just adjusting the opacity of only the title. Why is that?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 12.59.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 12.59.28 PM.png
    609.6 KB · Views: 223

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
It works now, thank you for your help! I'm trying to change the opacity of the title but the slider is darkening the whole scene and not just adjusting the opacity of only the title. Why is that?

Cheers;

So the video tab of the inspector there corresponds not just to the title, but to the title and underlying video track it's connected to; I'm not sure you can adjust the opacity of the title independently of the rest of the video unless you publish the opacity parameter from Motion; If you have motion, right click the title in the tile browser and select to open a copy in Motion; You can either adjust the opacity directly in Motion or publish the relevant parameters to Final Cut

Reactions: kazmac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.