Logo Opinions Needed

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by That-Guy, Mar 3, 2017.

1. That-Guy macrumors 6502a

That-Guy

Looking at setting up a Business Related Blog with Marketing Ideas, How To Guides etc.

I am going for a clean black and white theme with featured images for each post in colour so they stick out with a bit of a punch.

I am not a designer in fact I created the logos below on my phone while watching TV so they are only rough drafts. Just wondering which logo people like more? 1, 2, 3, 4 or None.

All feedback welcome!

Thanks

One

[​IMG]

Two
    [​IMG]

Three
    [​IMG]

Four
    [​IMG]

2. casperes1996 macrumors 65816

casperes1996

One or Four

Preferably with a bit more tracking on Shire and a bit less on Business (just ever so slightly. I really mean very, very little), so that you can get the black border closer to the edges of the letters in *****.

Plan on ever doing videos? Cause if you do, I think I could create a pretty nice looking intro based on the above logos.

3. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Pakaku

Four for large scale, and two for smaller scale.

4. casperes1996 macrumors 65816

casperes1996

I must admit that I find two and three annoying to look at. I guess under the right context they could work, but I still prefer one and four

5. iamgalactic macrumors regular

Drop the .co.uk - if it's for a blog your users def don't need that info as they're already there. Don't try and make your branding a URL.

6. casperes1996 macrumors 65816

casperes1996

If the ".com", ".net" etc are taken already or you don't plan on buying them, and think they might be taken by others down the line, I disagree. Otherwise agree

7. iamgalactic macrumors regular

Either way you shouldn't make your branding a URL - unless there's a specific need, or you're being clever with the branding concept.

8. happyslayer macrumors 6502a

happyslayer

9. nelson1457 macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Mar 7, 2017 ---
    I vote for none of the above. The problem is that the logos don't have anything to do with your mission. What does 'Shire Business' do? Your logo doesn't tell me.

10. casperes1996 macrumors 65816

casperes1996

Neither do the logos of Apple, Samsung, Facebook, Google, Volkswagen, Audi, and so on. Having a logo that communicate the point of what it stands for can be a great positive, but isn't necessarily a requirement to my mind.

11. jennyp macrumors 6502

Any, but lose the URL, and the capital "S". And incorporate a very pithy strap-line.

12. smirking macrumors 6502a

As others have said, take out the ".co.uk". That doesn't belong in your logo unless you have a ridiculously pithy name where the name of your business is actually the fully qualified domain name.

I fully agree, but I'd argue that his logo actually does communicate basically what it's about, which is a good thing for a micro-brand that's not going to have the marketing budget to communicate the full meaning behind the branding images.

13. cuwickliffe macrumors newbie

This is spot-on. It's like people who still have their site branded with a ".com" It's just not necessary anymore. Many people amazingly use search engines like Google to find all their websites, so if they're searching for your company, they'll find it ... whether it's .co.uk, .com, or something else.

Depending on the amount of site development you've already done, I'd put more focus on getting the site visible to the various search engines and getting word about your site to potential customers.

The logo without .co.uk is fine as-is.

14. MistrSynistr macrumors 6502a

I am a graphic designer, and design logos frequently. You cannot compare Billion dollar corporations to an upstart. This is a huge novice mistake and incorrect rationale. We still do not know what you do. Google what you do with "logos" attached and get a better understanding and concept of the design you want.

15. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Excellent post and I agree.

To the OP, are you wedded to the font you have used? Personally, I'm not a fan.

16. ironidas, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017

ironidas macrumors newbie

ironidas

Four. It's the best. But personaly, I foud the grey color not really visible. But finaly it's depending of your template. :)