Votes: 13 16.9%

• Total voters

rye9

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New York (not NYC)
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
The logo was coloured when I started using Macs, and I preferred it that way... ;)
You mean the rainbow one? Im talking about making the logo into your favorite color.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
white would be acceptable in any situation, office, coffeeshop, boardrooom, whatever. glowing green? pink? A little less versatile. I'd have to say white.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
I chose to have it be the way it came outta the box... That said, I really do love the retro rainbow colored Apple. :eek:

wongulous

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2002
On my dear PowerBook that cost a ton of dough and that I am going to baby while it's still under warranty: it can stay white. :) Too precious to mess with.

On my out-of-warranty old iBook that I don't care about so much and which I'm going to fix up: I might just use that cellophane-rainbow-stripes trick.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
rye9 said:
You mean the rainbow one? Im talking about making the logo into your favorite color.
Yes, I would like it in my 6 favorite colors... :D

There's a tutorial somewhere about making a rainbow logo for iBook lids, but I'm too lazy to search, now... ;)

Attachments

MacFan25863

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
It would be fricken awesome if Powerbooks had the ability to change the color of the light behind the Apple logo (I know its the LCD backlight, but they could do a filter or something). You could change it to any color you want, or have it slowly rotate colors, or anything. How awesome would that be?

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
There's a tutorial somewhere about making a rainbow logo for iBook lids, but I'm too lazy to search, now... ;)
If you care to read the MR thread (well, only one of the many like it),
Linky... if you'd rather not wade through the thread, then the really well done guide of how to change that logo is here.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
Yes, I would like it in my 6 favorite colors... :D

I'm sorry, but the rainbow apple logo was ugly and tacky and I couldn't be more happy that it is now defunct :p

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
I gotta say, I love my white logo on my Powerbook. I'll probably keep it the same color even when I make my Powerbook black (work in progress), just cause it'll look cooler. But on an iBook, it'd be cool if you could switch up the colors easily.

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
biohazard_6969 said:
it would be awsome if i could customize the colour of my apple logo on the back of my PB, i'd make it different for every season
It's easy to do, you just take off the back of the screen housing and put a piece of colored plastic between the apple and the back of the screen. That's pretty much it.

Sedulous

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2002
MacFan25863 said:
It would be fricken awesome if Powerbooks had the ability to change the color of the light behind the Apple logo (I know its the LCD backlight, but they could do a filter or something). You could change it to any color you want, or have it slowly rotate colors, or anything. How awesome would that be?
Agreed. Didn't Apple patent some kind of color changing case? Hopefully not the lightbright style Dell uses. Something subtle like adjusting the hue of the Apple on the back would be good.

Superdrive

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2003
Dallas, Tx
MontyZ said:
Yea, that's exactly what I'd love. The changing colors would be like those old christmas-tree lights that consisted of a plastic wheel of four colors that turned slowly in front of a light bulb. :)
I'm sure in the space provided, what I'm thinking isn't totally feasible. What I would like is the RGB leds so you can configure your own colored apple logo from the menu. You can leave it standard white if you wish, have it go Christmas light style, or bright red. The choice is yours!