LogoMe app Problem?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by ClockworkPlum, Feb 13, 2009.

1. ClockworkPlum macrumors member

ClockworkPlum

Hello guys, I have an iPod Touch 1G, software version 2.2.1, jailbroken successfully with QuickPWN. Some days ago I've downloaded this app from Cydia, LogoMe, which changes your boot logo. Well, I've found a .png image that I wanted to use, clicked "preview" and it was all normal, and then clicked "flash". Then, I turned the iPod off, to reboot. And then, there was problem.

I kept pressing the power button, but it didn't turn on. After a small attack of panic I managed to restore+jailbreak+run AptBackup, so my iPod is like it was before.

Now, I am wandering whether I did something wrong or the application killed the iPod, whether it worked for you, and whether I should try again...

Thanks... :)

2. Yondaime111 macrumors newbie

Yondaime111

I had the same problem on my 1G iPod Touch...Only mine turned on to a white screen. I restored, rejailbreak'd, etc. Everything is fine now. I really want to change my logo...grrr

3. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

The PNG has to be alpha channel'd. I don't think it can write to the Boot Up Services thing if it's not.

David

4. bradenwh macrumors 6502

It was probably in the process of starting up, just, without a boot logo.
    If the iPod does not have a boot logo, you only slightly see a backlight on, but no image. After a while, it starts up like normal.
    This happens when you attempt to flash a boot logo that will not work, like if it's too big.