Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marchcapital

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Canada
what do you think of these two logos...proffesional looking...or not? how would you change them? which do you prefer? if you want to make your own marchcapital logo i would love to see it!!!!

Attachments

• March Capital 2.jpg
    March Capital 2.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 155
  • March Capital.jpg
    March Capital.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 108

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2004
I like the logo without the blue circle better.

The one with the circle is okay, but I think it would be better if the circle were smaller... right now it takes up most of the space of the logo and kind of overpowers the "marchcapital" title.

L

Lau

What is "marchcapital"? The logos are quite nice, but it depends on the context. If it's a funeral parlour they won't be appropriate!

marchcapital

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Canada
first of all i agree with u on makeing te circle smaller...ive already done that but cant find that file lol. its an investment company. mostly into real estate investing and development.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
It does sure look good, both of them, but what is march capital? maybe it's not good in terms of what the business was.

mac.FINN

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2006
Canada
They look pretty good. But I agree that the circle is too much - even at a smaller size it may be overpowering.

The typeface and colour choice are pretty contemporary; hopefully this describes the company too. If they're stuffy and more classy, this look just doesn't fit.

If the context suits them fine then there's only one change you need to make to improve the logo. KERN YOUR LETTERS!

There is a huge gap between the c and the a of capital - it almost looks like the word is marchc apital. There are other areas that need fixing too (ma, rc, etc). Fix these problems and you're set.

ATD

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2005
mac.FINN said:
If the context suits them fine then there's only one change you need to make to improve the logo. KERN YOUR LETTERS!

There is a huge gap between the c and the a of capital - it almost looks like the word is marchc apital. There are other areas that need fixing too (ma, rc, etc). Fix these problems and you're set.

Yes exactly, if you want a professional look to a logo you must get the kerning down.

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
meh it's nice and clean enough, if I were to see it out in public I certanly wouldn't step back and go "what a horrible amateurish logo" so you've certainly created a useable logo.

However it's rather un-inspired, I mean visual it's very clean & nice, but how is it better than something you could get from one of those flash sites that let's the user pic a colour, a style, an image and all that jazz?

johan_tanying

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2004
Gothenburg
Isn't the word "capital" looking stronger then "march"? Maybe the vompany likes their name to be more visible than their field of business? Otherwise I like the text version without circle better. What happens if you make "march" bold and "capital" regular and keep the colour scheme?

Just my quick opinion ...

aboutthat

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2005
Washington, DC
Just a thought to consider. I don't know how well off this company is, but don't forget to think about B/W, greyscale applications. It looks like this one could carry through just fine for the most part, but is your company fine doing a color process on everything? Try developing a full line of logos for them (i.e. BW, 1 color with tints, full CMYK, etc.) and see how your design stacks up for usability.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.