LoJack on MacBook Pro question...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ampz, Mar 15, 2012.

1. ampz macrumors newbie

Hi!!

I recently bought a MacBook Pro and was wondering about getting LoJack for it,but I still have some doubts. Can it be deleted off the computer? Does it work if the hard drive is replaced? I been searching online but haven't gotten the right answer.

Thanks in advance :)

2. simsaladimbamba

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

4. ampz thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, thanks for the replies, so any of those tracking softwares can be deleted if they just reinstall everything? Thanks

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

Yes they can, wish render them(in my opinion) completely useless.

6. edk99 macrumors 6502a

YES! It is software. It can easily be removed.

Any competent thief that knows anything about apple products would know about Apple's Find My Mac and not connect the laptop to the internet and would wipe the drive.

7. LordDextro macrumors newbie

Lojack or Liam Neeson service.

Well here's the thing, with the LoJack service there is a guarantee that the computer will be recovered or one gets a thousand bucks. Seems worth the piece of mind. I switched out my hard drive and found that the program restored though whatever backup I used. True that a potential thief may have the brains to wipe off the software, but the odds are favorable that he'll connect to the Internet first. Most criminals aren't too bright anyway. Still, this is why one should also consider insurance products such as "personal computer loss prevention". This way, the only thing your really having to deal with is the frustration of it all. But then who doesn't look forward to saying: "I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you (return my MacBook pro) now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you." - Liam Neeson in Taken

Regards,
    Lord Dextro