LOL. 1st iPhone, 1st dropped call

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by overlyunderme, Jun 23, 2010.

1. overlyunderme macrumors regular

overlyunderme

Not bashing on the phone, just thought it was funny. Just received my wife's new ip4 (first iPhone ever for us) and she made a phone call to her parents. After about 10 minutes, the call just abruptly dropped. Coming from Verizon, I knew this would happen, just not so soon. I guess it's all just part of being an iPhone owner.

2. cowsrus macrumors 6502

had a bunch of dropped calls in my room when i had a pantech duo, bought a 3G and have had maybe 2-3 dropped calls in 2 years, and they have been in like basements of stores and such where i shouldnt of had service in the first place

I can't really understand all the hate on AT&T, i've had perfect and reliable service from them the 2 years i've owned an iPhone and great but not perfect service the few years leading up to that

3. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

I can agree with this, ive been on calls and only had about 1 dropped call a month.. Then I look around to all my friends phones and none have service. At&t's service is completely fine for me

4. h4a5r macrumors member

h4a5r

Hah! I was calling from my old iPhone to activate my new one anddddd the call died. I definitely had to chuckle about that one...

Ohhhh AT&T... :rolleyes:

5. puggles macrumors regular

I've never had a drop call with ATT in the 2 years i have been using them

6. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

I've got great reception. I rarely get dropped calls. Sorry you do.

7. LimeyBastard macrumors regular

I should preface this by stating that in my last two years of iPhone ownership, I could count my total number of dropped calls on one hand -- and that's with traveling all over the country.

The first call I made with the new iPhone was to set up voice-mail and the call got dropped a couple of minutes in!

I found it kind of funny also; and I have no concerns that it will be a continuing thing -- just a weird fluke. :p

8. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

I have also noticed less and less dropped calls over the past year. I can't remember the last dropped call I had.

9. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

It's actually pretty common. Of all the things that the iPhone is great at, using it as a phone just isn't one of them.