Lol, 20" laptop - No Joke!

garfield2002

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2003
120
0
:D That was a great video. :D

When I saw a similar laptop in CompUSA a few weeks back I had to do a double take. Upon closer inspection I thought the idea was totaly rediculous who would buy and use this monsrtrosity. It even looked out of place in the store amidst the others laptops on display. Now, seeing this huge thing out in actual use is just hilarious.
 

Cameront9

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2006
800
99
I think it's really intended more as a luggable PC for Gamers than a laptop... But I have seen 19" models that, IMO are WAY too big.

I think the 17" is the max size you can have that's still portable and usable--even that is too big for me... 15 inch is perfect.
 

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
1,437
2
"Weighing as much as it does, mugging's not really going to be a problem. It takes about 6 months of hard core training to actually be able to lift the thing. So if any crack addicts approach me, their going to have to be pretty strong and if they do get it away from me it won't be hard to chase them down and get it back"

Best part of the whole movie. :D

Who would want to carry that thing around anyway?
 

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
1,077
31
The Wood of Spots, NJ
Am I the only one that actually likes that thing? Granted, it says Dell on it, but I rather like its design. I would NEVER use it as a laptop though, but that thing would make an awesome desktop.
 

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
1,437
2
iKwick7 said:
Am I the only one that actually likes that thing? Granted, it says Dell on it, but I rather like its design. I would NEVER use it as a laptop though, but that thing would make an awesome desktop.

Design is ok, but I absolutely hate those huge metal bars.
 

danielbriggs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
291
1
Manchester, UK
Lol, if ANYONE, sees someone with this thing in public, take a photo!!!

It's more of a desktop laptop if you know what I mean, either that, or the engineers were bored and thought, "I know, let just build something because we can!"


Dan :)
 

MacSyn

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2006
121
0
The host:Small laptop is for loser? I wouldn't carry this bulky laptop with me when I travel to Thailand and Vietnam next year.
 

JakeN488

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2006
71
0
Funny video. I saw a 20.1 inch acer today at compUSA, weighing in at a massive 17.2lbs... one lb less then the dell though. Acer Aspire 9805WKHi Notebook:
 

phuong

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
523
0
well i think it's a pretty good idea. it has a detachable keyboard and the screen is pretty flexible.
now if only they could make it slimmer, less heavy and probably a foldable screen, i would definitely buy it.
by the way i dont know if any body have thought about this before, but when i said "foldable screen" i didnt mean using paper screens that are bendable. i'm talking about a laptop that has 2 screens, so it'll work like a desktop that has dual screens.
 

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
1,437
2
phuong said:
well i think it's a pretty good idea. it has a detachable keyboard and the screen is pretty flexible.
now if only they could make it slimmer, less heavy and probably a foldable screen, i would definitely buy it.
by the way i dont know if any body have thought about this before, but when i said "foldable screen" i didnt mean using paper screens that are bendable. i'm talking about a laptop that has 2 screens, so it'll work like a desktop that has dual screens.

Next Week: New Origami Screens! Watch what they can do! :p
 

techster85

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2006
190
0
Lubbock, TX
JakeN488 said:
Funny video. I saw a 20.1 inch acer today at compUSA, weighing in at a massive 17.2lbs... one lb less then the dell though. Acer Aspire 9805WKHi Notebook:

When I first say the Acer at CompUSA, my inital thought was that it was like an iMac with the keyboard attached...and then I looked at the weights and dimensions of it and I found out that it basically is. Anyone who ever buy that thing has way too much money and is going to want back problems if they plan on lugging it around. Also, I'd like to know how the designers got Acer to actually make this stupid thing...
 

zephead

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2006
1,573
3
in your pants
As you can see, we almost died of exhaustion. The M2010 reduced us to a feeble anemic wreck. If it wasn't for the fact that we were dragging a 2,000 pound laptop, we'd have looked like tramps.
That part had me laughing :D. Ohh.. I just noticed something while I was typing the quote. Being in the U.S., I thought he meant 2,000 pound (unit of weight) laptop, but then I thought "hmm.. pound.. England.. ohh! unit of money!" Please excuse my American-ness. :D :eek:
 

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
8,201
0
sitting on your shoulder
zephead said:
That part had me laughing :D. Ohh.. I just noticed something while I was typing the quote. Being in the U.S., I thought he meant 2,000 pound (unit of weight) laptop, but then I thought "hmm.. pound.. England.. ohh! unit of money!" Please excuse my American-ness. :D :eek:
Yeah, I thought that until I looked at their review to get the weight.

But seriously, at that size and power consumption, something like an iMac would be a much better option.
 

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
3,109
125
Miami, FL
Counterfit said:
Yeah, I thought that until I looked at their review to get the weight.

But seriously, at that size and power consumption, something like an iMac would be a much better option.
Though, the iMac you can't use on your lap. ;)
 

tominated

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2006
1,723
0
Queensland, Australia
Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

jessep28

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2006
380
0
Omaha, NE
THat made my day...but its only 2AM so there is 22 hours for something to take the title of "making my day" away from that video.
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.