LOL. All VZW Android phones now 1 cent (4S effect?)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by epic1000, Oct 12, 2011.

1. epic1000, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011

epic1000 macrumors newbie

Even their newest phones like the Bionic. :p:p

I guess they realized they couldn't clear any of 'em out with the new 4S out!! :D:D

Penny Pincher Sale: All Verizon phones for 1 penny.

"For a limited time only, all Verizon phones with a new line of service are on sale for a penny and include standard FREE Two-Day Shipping. Offer valid between 5:00 p.m. PDT October 11, 2011, through 11:59 p.m. PDT October 17, 2011, while supplies last."

2. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

It isn't Verizon, it is an Amazon sale you linked too.....

So all Verizon phones with a new line thhru amazon are a penny.

3. paule350 macrumors member

lawlz

4. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

WTF is an iPhone 4gs?

Also, yes, I'm sure they're all on sale because iOS is going to destroy Andorid and put them all out of business.

And whats more, aren't you a better human being for using an iPhone instead of a crummy HTC.

5. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

All Verizon phones that Amazon sells are a penny. They don't have all the phones that are on Verizon.com.

6. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I would have assumed that was implied by my statement of thru Amazon, the OP is the one stating all VZW phones are on sale for a penny.

Anyway, maybe it will help someone out.

7. NoHo macrumors 6502

You couldn't tell he meant iPhone 4S or were you just being a jerk? I'm betting on the latter.

8. epic1000 thread starter macrumors newbie

9. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

It's a stupid thread, think of the premise.

Claiming the iPhone 4S is the cause of a sale on Android based phones... my question, so what?

10. Sarngate macrumors regular

Or MAYBE it's because Verizon are soon going to be releasing their Winter line-up including the Nexus Prime, and Amazon are trying to clear old stock. No, that can't be it, because that wouldn't fit your ridiculous fanboyish notions.

11. fanboy05 macrumors regular

yeah, even at one penny, the phones are NOT going to sell more than the 4s between now and the 17th.... but I guess they are desperate enough, that they gotta do what they gotta do :eek:

I suspect they are just trying to boost the sales numbers so they dont take a beating when next quarter hits and their investors realize how small the gains are. it has got to be embarrassing to see apple phones selling a million + in 24 hours, and they are desperate to compete with their phones.

If they want to get some real sales numbers... make verizon give the android phone for a penny BUT ALSO give back the unlimited plan, drop the cost for android users on their monthly bills and stop charging ridiculous fees for everything they can think of.

Hey I would sign up for a 2 year contract if they offered the best android for 1 cent, the data was unlimited ( & text ect...), and my monthly cost for 2 phones everything included was under 100 bucks each month.

Unfortunately for android....... if people have to keep paying out the a$$ for verizon's services and the real dilemma is that I have to pick between paying 199 for an iphone and nothing for an android, I will pick the iphone every time. Over the course of 2 years I am still paying thousands of dollars for the service at verizon, and the cost of the iphone really isnt the issue.

----------

you REALLY think it is JUST a coincidence they timed this sale at the EXACT time the iphone was coming out?:confused:

I am a fanboy ( see my screen name) but I can see a desperate move when it is staring me in the face.

12. Sarngate macrumors regular

How is it desperation ? It's common business sense. Drop the prices of old hardware.

13. banana22 macrumors newbie

14. bangup22 macrumors newbie

lol wut

15. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Bangup means that Android going down the tubes and selling for rock bottom prices because everyone want's the iPhone instead...

16. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Umm again it is Amazon not Verizon and you might want to go look at years past. At around this time of the year every year sales on phones tend to happen as the winter line ups start being released and announced. This means places always try to dump their inventory.

Chances are they planned on doing it right after the iPhone release taking advantage of the people who were on the fence.

Sorry but this thread is a fanboy made thread. At least look at years past and you almost always see sales right around this time of year every year.