lol...Damn Amazon!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by babyface1, Mar 16, 2009.

1. babyface1 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm growing white hair everyday ....waiting and waiting for Amazon to bring down the price of kindle.

Yes - for heavens sake I know about all its benefits and negatives but I also know that they have improved what its got to offer. More than anything I long to read as I travel with just that light, free wireless devise.....especially due to my bad vision. I've got a dear friend with one and boy - how I long to own one too BUT the price.

I know quite a number of you folks have the new one. I am seriously wondering - Is it worth the price now??? Can I take the plunge or continue the wait?::rolleyes:

[​IMG]

2. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Honestly, I wouldn't hold my breath on them lowering the price anytime soon. They didn't lower the price through the production of V1, and didn't lower it with the introduction of V2. If they do lower the price, it won't be for several months. I highly doubt they would do it this soon after the intro of V2. A big part of the problem is the 3G data connection. Think about how much those Sprint data plans are. I doubt Amazon is paying what one of us would pay for the data connection, but they still have to factor the cost of that into the Kindle.