Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dacapo

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2010
ouch....

NIB Apple iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G White (16 GB Verizon)
Item condition: New
Ended: Mar 21, 201107:21:10 PDT
Bid history:
9 bids
Winning bid: US $560.00

Oops.

Lesson 1: Don't time your auctions to end in the morning.

Lesson 2: eBay is a place where one's trust is very important. The seller likely has negative feedback or very little.

EvilC5

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2010
Hanover MD
Oops.

Lesson 1: Don't time your auctions to end in the morning.

Lesson 2: eBay is a place where one's trust is very important. The seller likely has negative feedback or very little.

agreed....I have seen sellers have someone bid on their product at the end because its not high enough in price. the only loss of money would be the listing fee on ebay then.

gglockner

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2007
Bellevue, WA
agreed....I have seen sellers have someone bid on their product at the end because its not high enough in price. the only loss of money would be the listing fee on ebay then.

Shilling used to be severely frowned upon by ebay; a seller doing this would risk getting banned. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they have gotten more lenient in enforcing this. And even still, there are many other ways to game ebay if you think about it for 20 seconds. Another example of why I find ebay to be a cesspool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.