lol @ face ID reaction

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by puma1552, Nov 4, 2017.

1. puma1552 Suspended

a week ago it was utter doomsday around here because face ID was going to be a total clunky disaster, today face ID is the worlds greatest thing since sliced bread.

y'all really thought apple was gonna botch it and it would be a huge hassle? lmao. y'all should know by now they arent gonna release hot garbage.

enjoy those Xs

2. TrueBlou macrumors 68040

TrueBlou

Ive been saying from the start it would be fine. There was no way Apple were going to release something that didn’t work.

They’ve been working on it for at least four years we know of with their purchases of PrimeSense and Faceshift to name just two.

That it was a last minute panic addition because they couldn’t do under screen Touch ID was always a ludicrous notion.

As usual though, it’s taken until people get it and realise just how simple and refined things are once Apple gets their teeth into it..... Well some people, there are those of us who never doubted them.

3. jamin00 macrumors 6502a

jamin00

I never had an opinion on it until now myself

4. Kjung7 macrumors 6502

Honestly I think it’s better than Touch ID. My phone is always ready as soon as I take it out of my pocket. Apple Pay seems more natural to use too with Face ID. And Animojis have been fun haha.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I was rather pleasantly surprised at how well it works. I do not even think about it and it works. Even with my blue mirror Costa sunglasses. Could not be more happy.

6. Knightcastle macrumors 6502

Knightcastle

Good post

7. DiveKitty macrumors 6502

I was never worried about it. I knew it would work. I am just surprised by how darn well it works. I don’t even have to think about it.

8. ARizz44 macrumors 6502a

ARizz44

At the same time it’s far from perfect. I was lying in bed with my chin to my chest and that was enough to stump it. I turned my X to Face the person away from me when comparing it to the 8 Plus. My finger unlocked the Plus but since I was looking at my X upside down? No go. From an angle on the table I can tap the screen to wake the X but sure enough, if my face is not at the necessary angle it won’t unlock.

Basically for every “Touch ID sucks because it won’t work with gloves, wet fingers, etc” example.....there’s an equal example for Face ID. Unlike prior releases it seems like people are wanting to convince themselves to love this phone more than ever before (not directed at you OP).

9. AdonisSMU macrumors 604

I wasn’t worried. Apple has a return policy.

10. Sir Ruben macrumors 68000

Sir Ruben

I can happily say it works much more naturally and effortlessly than I was expecting. It’s really good.

11. jamin00 macrumors 6502a

jamin00

I created a thread on this 10 minutes before this one ;)

12. HEK macrumors 68040

HEK

Same here. Actually starting to forget it’s there.

13. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

was never worried personally. I knew apple wouldn't release it unless they were confident it would work very well.

14. TrueBlou macrumors 68040

TrueBlou

There’s going to be limitations with basically every form of biometric security for now and probably for quite some time.

Touch ID has its limits and Face ID will likely have just as many but in a different way. I prefer Face ID, it’s limits will cause less problems for me than the limitations I experienced all too often with Touch ID. But everybody’s experiences will be different. He said stating the obvious :D