lol, just figured out how to save as PDF

Discussion in 'macOS' started by shenfrey, May 6, 2011.

1. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Was browsing WIkipedia, wanted to print something and I found out I could save as a PDF file, fully functional PDF documents.

Completely blown away by this, I will be using this ALL the time now! (omg you have no idea lol!)

Any features in OS X you have recently figured out that maybe you would like to share? Even if it is a little silly, like mine !

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I never print receipts from online purchases anymore. When I get that "print this page as your proof of purchase" page, I print-to-PDF and save it in a Purchases folder.

When people send me a Word document that I'm going to need for reference (like a list of people with contact information) it's a pain to keep launching Word when I need the information. So I open it once in Word when I first get it, print it to PDF, and open that file in Preview whenever I want the information.

3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

What a funny coincidence: A minute after I made the post above I got email from Adobe with an ad for ExportPDF, a tool to turn PDFs into Word documents. No thanks, I prefer to go the other direction!

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Even better than that is the one-step "Save PDF to Web Receipts folder" script that's already built in to the OS. Don't have to choose the folder, and if you've never used it and the folder doesn't exist yet, it'll create it. When you go to print to PDF, just look a little ways down the list and you'll see the option there.

jW

5. ender land macrumors 6502a

I think you've been able to do this in many browsers for a while now ;)