LOL look at this

drmountaindeww

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2012
When do you think the official re-launch (if you will) will be? Because they said that all those Macs would be on the store today.

MNT

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2010
There's no point in saying this because I'm addressing people who are thinking irrationally, but: there was no logical reason to believe an iMac update was coming today. If you thought there would be a 27" retina display you were seriously dreaming. Obviously these things are coming eventually; every device Apple sells will have a retina display soon enough. Apple wasn't "supposed" to release anything today, you just hoped they would.

Just remember this when you're composing your description of how much you hate Tim Cook and how he's ruining Apple.

gopnick

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2007
Logic dictates that a new iMac should be coming soon. They are WAY past the usual update window. I'm not whining or gnashing my teeth. Just saying I understand why people would assume what they did.

I held off on an iMac purchase thinking one would be coming soon.

I8P'CS

Suspended
Jul 29, 2010
its clear it will be silently refreshed soon!! tahts about it. Next event is iPhone and iPad mini in sept/oct

----------

Yeah, 9to5 mac are repotting on it now.

Maybe the iMac will get its own event now. Redesign and everything this summer.

You got to come back yo reality dude. iMac won't get its on show. Silent refresh at best.

Tezcatlipoca

macrumors regular
May 23, 2012
Cambridge, UK
its clear it will be silently refreshed soon!! tahts about it. Next event is iPhone and iPad mini in sept/oct

----------

You got to come back yo reality dude. iMac won't get its on show. Silent refresh at best.
Why's it clear it will happen soon?

If it was getting just a spec. bump, why not announce it now like the MBA/MBP spec. bump, or do it silently now like the Mac Pro?

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England

----------

I meant that they are repotting on the mac pro spec bump. I never mentioned the iMac.

I8P'CS

Suspended
Jul 29, 2010
----------

[/COLOR]
Why's it clear it will happen soon?

If it was getting just a spec. bump, why not announce it now like the MBA/MBP spec. bump, or do it silently now like the Mac Pro?
Your new to this!! wait and see!!Spec bump like it has been last few years, Apple know it will still sell plus NEW iPhone/TV will rake in the $£, Maybe small redesign can't see it but NO retina the new MBP with Retina shows how expensive an iMac would be, any one one waiting for retina iMac will be disappointed

----------

I meant that they are repotting on the mac pro spec bump. I never mentioned the iMac.

Sorry pal, mis understanding

benmrii

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2007
FL
There's no point in saying this because I'm addressing people who are thinking irrationally, but: there was no logical reason to believe an iMac update was coming today. If you thought there would be a 27" retina display you were seriously dreaming. Obviously these things are coming eventually; every device Apple sells will have a retina display soon enough. Apple wasn't "supposed" to release anything today, you just hoped they would.

Just remember this when you're composing your description of how much you hate Tim Cook and how he's ruining Apple.
I agree that a lot of hatred of Cook - no idea why - has boiled over to ignorant moaning, but "no logical reason to believe..." is more than a little off. Its average cycle for the last five versions has been 273 days. It's now been 405. There have been several leaks and rumors such as this or these which are no less viable than the same ones that people cited for guessing, correctly, that the others would be upgraded. And believing that the lack of a retina display being available immediately on one of the current iMac models holding back an update of the line, or even a mention, is pretty far fetched.

The iMac, second only to the MacPro (whose average upgrade cycle is historically twice as long and was updated today), in a calendar sense, was the most due for an upgrade. Historically it's the entry option for non-student new Apple computer consumers. I'm very surprised. Also rational... mostly.

Just remember this when you're composing your description of how much you hate people you consider to be thinking irrationally. <3

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.