LOL...my call with Apple support

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eric-PTEK, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Eric-PTEK macrumors 6502

Yes I know there are tons of these but this was classic.

I talked with AT&T earlier about all my dropped calls. After going round and round with them they told me to call Apple.

So I talked to a 2nd level guy at Apple who was very helpful, well as helpful as he could be. He said not much he can do but we'll walk through the steps.

SEVEN dropped calls, in a 20-25 minute conversation.

He was getting frustrated having to call back....he suggested that Apple replace both phones and wanted to schedule me a swap on both phones.

I don't think thats going to fix it either way but I just found the seven dropped calls, which brings me to a total of 18 for the day humorous.

Have to call them back tomorrow after iOS4 redownloads.

Oh and while I was typing this I was waiting for 2nd level support for AT&T to talk about a credit and...DROPPED CALL.

2. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

3. bababoey14 macrumors regular

"You are holding the phone wrong....also go pay $30 and get a bumper....but remember all phones do this & nothing is wrong."

4. mantan macrumors 68000

I thought you already beat down AT&T for all your 'credits'....

5. thecoolone1 macrumors regular

The OP shouldn't have to buy a bumper or any other type a case to get a phone to function as a "phone".

6. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

refer to my sig.

7. stphnman20 macrumors regular

8. EstrlM3 macrumors 6502

OP doesn't need to buy or keep an iPhone 4 either if he doesn't want to. It's a free market, if apple makes a bad product people will not buy it and they are free to buy other phones, they do not have a monopoly on the phone market and neither does ATT.

It's unfortunate that the phone doesn't work for some people and they have a choice to go with any other brand of ohone that they feel works for them.

If the problem really is apple then consumers will stop buying their products and they will go out of business. That doesn't seem to be the issue here. ;)

I don't see why people see apple's products and an entitlement. They are a choice not a right.

9. Eric-PTEK thread starter macrumors 6502

RIF!

Read what I wrote. I said that I would go through all the hoops. On the phone with AT&T right now, on my 4th dropped call after their 'fix'.

Not holding the phone, on speaker, with a bumper.

Can I go somewhere else, sure, but I have made an investment in the phone, software, apps, etc....Apple will fix this eventually one way or the other, a credit until then I will gladly take and before I'm off the phone I expect to have one, and maybe even a free Microcell.