LOL obviously stolen Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dr. Cabrera, Mar 27, 2009.

1. ViPa macrumors 6502a

2. patdesignsinc macrumors regular

patdesignsinc

I believe the OP is making a generalized racist comment, stating that the iPhone must be stolen because it's out of Compton.

3. alexboy45 macrumors regular

Or because all of the serial number info has been filed off

4. The Governor macrumors regular

My first guess would be a scam. I've been seeing a lot of these lately. This is one of the better ones though if it is a scam.

Normally the english is plagued with grammatical errors and the price for the product is extremely low. While this one has a few errors, the price I guess isn't too bad.

The best one I ever saw (no link it was removed) was an 08' 328xi fully loaded bmw (no accidents, no salvage, perfect carfax) for a steal at $9,000.

5. The Governor macrumors regular

Good point. Didn't think about that. But you could still get it off of the phone.

EDIT: I just realized that there is no serial number on the back, just model number, FCC id number, IC id number

irregardless, you still would be able to get all of the information off of the phone

6. dave006 macrumors 68020

No, what is funny is the comments about unlock / locked status. The pictures show OS 2.2.1 and I will bet the Baseband is 2.30 so no yellowsn0w update for this bad boy.

Dave

7. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

There is no serial number on the back of the iPhone 3G's. Instead the serial number is printed on the sim card tray.

8. ayasinsk macrumors regular

This is not a scam, but the iPhone could be stollen though. What I would do is casually ask him couple of questions which only someone who used a jailbroken iPhone would know.

9. dubels macrumors 6502

Looks more like he found it on the ground after it fell out of a car.

10. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

And then rolled down a very big hill. It looks dreadful.

11. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Makes me cringe (giant scuff)
    Maybe not stolen, but found most likely.

12. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

Probably found, If stolen why would you want to steal an iPhone like that and attempt to sell it? Im guessing he/she found it and thought "Ive got nothing to lose" so just tried to sell it and make some cash!

13. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

Check the local hospitals to find the owner. By the look of that iphone, it is clear that the guy selling this phone dragged the owner down the street and beat the crap out of him. :)

14. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Where does it say that it's unlocked or jailbroken. I specifically read "The phone is not unlocked or jailbroken"

15. marksandvig macrumors regular

i think hes referring to the fact that there is a round oval shape where the scratches are, like it was ripped off a display

16. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

It still doesn't look like that would of happened. My guesses are the same as dacreativeguy.

17. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

The seller probably already had a 16GB, and not upgraded. He either found/was given/stole this 8GB one, and is trying to sell it off because he had no use for it. It probably doesn't come with the box, charger, USB cable or anything else. I'd stay clear :p

18. sparkyms macrumors 65816

OR he ****ed his phone up by getting it scuffed somehow, so bought a new 16Gigger and decided to sell his messed as anything 8GB model to give him a little recompense?

Doesn't have to be criminally orientated you know...

19. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

Surely he would be able to write a few sentences without a tone of mistakes if he was that keen on selling the phone.

20. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The good doctor is paranoid about acquiring a stolen iPhone should he buy used.

21. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

Surely you would be able to write just one sentence without anything spelt wrong if you were that keen on getting your point across..:rolleyes:

22. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Err, it says It is NOT unlocked or jailbroken.

23. dave006 macrumors 68020

That would be because the seller knows that it is at 2.2.1 and Baseband 2.30. Look at the picture and you will see 2.2.1 and unless the seller had specific skills to only update the OS then this phone can't currently be Unlocked with yellowsn0w. :(

Dave

24. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

Sorry? What did I do?