LOL Teamviewer broke their app

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PicnicTutorials, Feb 10, 2014.

1. PicnicTutorials macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

Poised to take 90% of Logmein's users they updated their app on Jan 14th and broke it. Mine no longer works and checked the App Store reviews and others are saying the same. They better hurry or they are going to loose a large chunk of peps that will just move on to one the other free alternatives.

Actually come to think of it I believe it's the desktop app update that broke it. Because mine just stopped working just recently.

2. cerote macrumors 6502a

cerote

I just used their stuff from their website this weekend. Worked fine for me and the person I connected to.

3. flynz4 macrumors 68040

Same with me. I switched from LogMeIn to TeamViewer, and it is working perfectly on two of my computers... plus the computer of a friend for which I do tech support.

I am only using mine in an "on demand" mode. I do not keep it running all of the time. To remote control... I first turn the app on, then use the generated password to connect.

/Jim

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I use TeamViewer daily and I'm on the newest version available. It works fine. There's nothing wrong with the app. When you say it no longer works, can you be more specific? What is happening when you launch it?

5. Curun macrumors 6502

Curun

Did anyone's free LogMeIn accounts really die?

Mine and father's still work just fine. I guess grandfathered in?

6. PicnicTutorials thread starter macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

Your 7 day count down starts the moment you open your app

7. Curun macrumors 6502

Curun

I use it daily, and have since the announcement.

8. PicnicTutorials thread starter macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

I really can't say. Well I could but there seems to be quite a few issues. Mine seems to have something to do with resolution. Once I change that it is unresponsive untill I restart it all - Desktop app restart too. It's pretty much just borked. Look on ipad App Store I am not alone. There are 10 reviews from Jan 14th saying update made it unusable. Like I said I think it's the desktop update that broke it. Because mine worked fine untill the other day once the desktop app updated.

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Why are you getting the desktop app from the Mac App Store? I get it directly from the Teamviewer site. I'm connected to a Mac right now via my iPad mini, and it's working perfectly. I can change resolution, transfer files, etc. with zero problems. 10 negative reviews out of millions using Teamviewer is not indicative that the app has a problem. You might try uninstalling/reinstalling, as it sounds like the problem is with your particular installation. If it was a problem with the app itself, it would affect all users.

10. rctlr macrumors 6502a

rctlr

Is team viewer better than vnc?

I've just ditched logmein, after spending that crazy amount of money on their ignition app a while ago.

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Since Teamviewer is free for personal use, I recommend you try it and see for yourself. I prefer it over other tools, and I've tried most of them over the years. YMMV

12. PicnicTutorials thread starter macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

I have the ipad app. And the team viewer desktop client from their site. Actually the current version only has 43 reviews and over half say one star and it's now broke. I will try reinstalling both. Either way I'm sure it will be fixed soon. Just bad timing.

----------

I have tried all of them. No joke. All of em. Remotix is the fastest. Followed by Logmein. Then Splashtop. Then Teamviewer. Vnc viewer and Jump desktop are solid performers but very slow in comparison to the first 4 mentioned. What else... Screens vnc is polished and pretty but they do not have trackpad type mouse controls (at least one that works well) so deal breaker for me. Pocket cloud was not good for me but I don't remember why. So for now Teamviwer is the best logmein alternative (that is as long as they fix whatever just got broke).

----------

Ignition owners should sue. A class action suit. I would if I had bought it. There are real grounds for it. You'd prob win.

Phanfare did something like this. 10 years ago when they started they offered a $300 or so one time fee for a life time ownership of the software. All those 1000s of $300 bucks helped them get on their feet. Then ten years later they were bought out and the new owners took the life time membership away from those that paid the $300 bucks. Another breach of contract.

13. PicnicTutorials thread starter macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

just reinstalled each. Still broke. Can't even get my mouse arrow to show up. one of many bugs. Dock and background at native res. Menu bar and teamviewer panel at best fit res. aka lower res. When I click the arrow that poped up for a few minutes it is registering it 6 inches off. Because of the mixed res problems. I turned it off for now and will look for updates every so often. That's two now that have ruined me two weeks into it.