iPod touch LOL- The "Chat Now" people don't know anything!

pismodude2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
MacWorld
This guy on Apple's website (Chat Now) doesn't know squat! Guess it's still a secret that the microphone works with the new iPod Touch...
Shhh... :D

My Chat:

Attachments

pismodude2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
MacWorld
Note: This is just to make fun of Apple's Chat Now feature. Move along people who hate pointless threads, move along. :p

pismodude2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
MacWorld
psst... you double posted. Just edit your post next time. ;)
I know, but I wanted the 'note' to be under the picture, and since if you attach a picture it automatically has to be on the bottom of your post, I thought that was the best solution.

Sorry though. :eek:

pismodude2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
MacWorld
Wait. Is it not the nano alone that has the built in voice recorder (app)?
Yeah, just the nano has it built-in, but as we recently found out, the iPod Touch can use the microphone built into any headset with apps downloaded from the app store. Right now the only ones you can install on a Touch that use the microphone are Palringo IM and Spectrum, but we know for sure that it works. :D

The other Microphone utilizing apps are listed as 'iPhone only' so iTunes 8 stops them from installing. If the developer just changes that tag it would be possible to install them as well (ex: voicenotes, shazam). :)

DMC-12

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2007
Nashville, TN
Yeah, just the nano has it built-in, but as we recently found out, the iPod Touch can use the microphone built into any headset with apps downloaded from the app store. Right now the only ones you can install on a Touch that use the microphone are Palringo IM and Spectrum, but we know for sure that it works. :D

The other Microphone utilizing apps are listed as 'iPhone only' so iTunes 8 stops them from installing. If the developer just changes that tag it would be possible to install them as well (ex: voicenotes, shazam). :)
Right. However, with the mechanics of the online Apple chatting, a lot tends to get lost in translation. I don't think that the rep. was necessarily ignorant to the fact that the iPod touch has microphone capabilities. I think they were saying specifically that only the nano has "built in" voice recording by virtue of Apple's app.

pismodude2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
MacWorld
Right. However, with the mechanics of the online Apple chatting, a lot tends to get lost in translation. I don't think that the rep. was necessarily ignorant to the fact that the iPod touch has microphone capabilities. I think they were saying specifically that only the nano has "built in" voice recording by virtue of Apple's app.
No, he specifically says that ONLY the controls will works with the Touch.

New, more easily interpreted chat:

See the front page. MR corrected themselves....
What in the world are you talking about? Link? Quote? :confused: