LOL...the hate around here if off the chain!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WhySoSerious, Jul 1, 2008.

1. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

it's like the flood gates of ATT hell have been opened and the hate is now pouring from all the readers! sorry for the laughing, but all i can imagine in my head right now is someone dropping a sugar cube on an ant hill and watching all the ants rush out and go mad nuts! LOL

2. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

Yes, it is too bad. I guess a lot of people really got their hopes up with the More Affordable price, and reality is now sinking in with AT&T releasing 'The Rest Of The Story'.

3. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

could be worse.

you could be canadian.

4. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

people were bitching and whining initially that AT&T will NOT be offering a Non Commitment Price or Non-Eligible Upgrade price... I swear I read many people saying that they are willing to pay whatever the amount if they can just buy the new iPhone.. now that AT&T allows you to purchase the new 3G iPhone at a non-commitment price or early upgrade price, people are still bitching... this is just unbelievable. AT&T is not Salvation Army or Charity, they have a business to run !

5. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

and the bad part about that statement is that it would have nothing to do with the Rogers prices, but just being canadian

6. WhySoSerious thread starter macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

ROFL :eek: CANADIAN ANTS!

7. mpw Guest

could be even worser; you could be French! :eek:

What's the problem with AT&T then? I've not been following iPhone stuff at all.

8. CrazEtooN macrumors regular

No, what is funny is how they can't understand the reality of what happened.

The iPhone is simply being treated the same as all of At&t's other smartphones and PDAs.

It is quite simple really...

BlackBerry= $30/mo for data + separate text package starting at $5
    WinMo= $30/mo for data + separate text package starting at $5
    Palm Centro (which is EDGE only mind you)= $30/mo for data + separate text package starting at $5

Why should the iPhone, now a true smartphone, be treated any different?

The mis-reading of the family plan stuff is funny as well.

With my BlackBerry Curve + data plan, unlimited family texting, and one normal line, I paid $169 for 2100 minutes ($109 for minutes across 2 lines + $30 data plan + $30 text plan = $169)

Guess how much I have to pay if I swap the Curve for the iPhone 3G?

That's right, the SAME EXACT $169!

The family plans quoted on the new iPhone info page are for 2 iPhone 3Gs. It is the IPHONE INFO page after all, I would have figured that much to be common sense.

Using the 2100 minute plan as my example...

2 iPhone lines = $109
    2 iPhone data packages = $60
    Total = $169

(BlackBerrys and other smartphones require separate data plans per line, the new iPhone is no different. The old iPhone could use one data plan across all iPhone lines because it was considered a feature phone, and that is how feature phone data works. Smartphone data is different)

I just don't understand the uproar over this...

9. WhySoSerious thread starter macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

yes, we know that....please keep all logic out of this thread. we're discussing the ants raiding the sugar cubes! :p

10. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

lol steve jobs being the marketing genius that he is comes out looking clean on this one. its because AT&T has to pay apple an extra $300 - $400 for the iphone that they have to raise their prices... I love how steve jobs made it seem like apple was lowering the price on the iphone when in reality they arent, they are still getting the same amount for each unit. people drink the spiked kool-aid then launch a tirade against AT&T.

11. CrazEtooN macrumors regular

My apologies. ;)

12. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The reality is that an e-mail from an iPhone is included in the "unlimited" data but a text message is not.

What's next? Some web sites cost extra money to access from an iPhone?

It's a simple "give us money because we say so" with no logic behind it whatsoever.

13. CrazEtooN macrumors regular

BlackBerry Unlimited plan doesn't include text, its email is included with the data.

PDA (WinMo) Unlimited plan doesn't include text, its email is included with the data.

PDA (Palm Centro) Unlimited plan doesn't include text, its email is included with the data.

All of them cost $30. All of them require a separate text package starting at $5 for 200.

Why should the iPhone 3G, which is now a full blown smartphone like the others listed, be treated differently?

It is just the way it is.

14. WhySoSerious thread starter macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

uh, oh......he's bustin' out more logic! *gasp*......quick, toss a sugar cube and distract them!

15. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I didn't say it was different. I said it was stupid.

So what...if everyone is doing something stupid it's suddenly not stupid anymore?

:rolleyes:

16. CrazEtooN macrumors regular

Damn... I did it again... Sorry man. :eek: lol

17. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

I find it amusing that this info ($10 more per month for data, $5 more if you want 200 texts) has been known and hated for a long time now, but now that it's official, it's much worse :) I guess too many people had false hopes about the info being wrong or misunderstood...

18. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Tsk tsk, and on Canada Day too.

19. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

i dont know i like att after coming from sprint:mad:

20. bavarian3 macrumors member

Texting it seems is very popular with the younger crowds... and perhaps now a new leading addiction. Phone companies know this and capitalize on this...

Although what is interesting is that texting does not use data but rather voice; correct?

21. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

What logic? I complain about a problem and he says "yes, but there are other people with the same problem!"

Well, whoopdie doo. That's a logical answer?

22. iPaul macrumors regular

email....goes over the internet. thus it is included with internet in the data package.
    text messages....go over the cellular network. thus they are separate.

if texts required data and were being pulled out, your whole analogy to specific websites being extra would make sense. but now you just look like a fool

23. animenick65 macrumors 6502

Been watching and posting in these forums for awhile. I've been waiting for this iteration of the iPhone since the first one came out. I know myself and my friends got turned off by the crappy pricing and increased cost of owning an iPhone. Thought it was supposed to be cheaper? I expected more from the phone at a $300 SUBSIDIZED price point. Sticking with Verizon. Good luck with those who decide to take the plunge.

24. bavarian3 macrumors member

25. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

On an iPhone:

E-Mail - Goes through AT&T's hardware to reach you
    Web Sites - Go through AT&T's hardware to reach you
    Texts - Go through AT&T's hardware to reach you
    Voice Calls - Go through AT&T's hardware to reach you
    Voice Mail - Go through AT&T's hardware to reach you

Please explain to me again what the differences are between these items? I'm not seeing it.