lol @ this scalper

Discussion in 'iPad' started by thetruth1985, Mar 20, 2011.

1. thetruth1985 macrumors 6502

2. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

You ever think he just didn't like it?

and wanted to break even?

You think everyone in the world is a bad bad person???

3. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Not every person on the planet selling an iPad 2 is a scalper. Conversely, not everyone on ebay (especially those with only 2 feedbacks) will actually send you the item you paid for.

4. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

If they had bought it with the sole intention of scalping it, they would not have taken the shrink wrap off of the box. :rolleyes: That alone probably knocked at least $50 off of the final bid.

5. thetruth1985 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok I can understand wanting to break even but why wouldn't he just return it since Apple no longer has a restocking fee? I guess it's more convenient to list it on ebay, mail the item, then wait another week for paypal to release his funds. It's pretty obvious that he was hoping to make a huge profit and got burned.

6. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

looks like he held a one day auction starting at 99 cents and $691 was as high as it went

7. MarkG21 macrumors regular

Not sure why you think that person is atomically a scalper, especially since he already opened it and described that he wants a different model.

8. slacka macrumors member

9. jedolley macrumors 68000

You are assuming he bought it from Apple... Also, it's not obvious that he was hoping for anything. The bids started at $.99, did not appear to have a reserve set, and $20 shipping is a fair price. Just because it's on ebay does not mean it's a scalper.

10. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

11. skafia macrumors 6502

skafia

I highly doubt that he just doesn't want it anymore. If that's the case the guy could have returned it to Apple. It might be stolen.

This is a scenario:

He sells it with NR and auction doesn't end as high as he had hoped. He can simply file a dispute with eBay stating that the item is lost or damaged (or various other reasons). For the most part, the buyer will comply, transaction is canceled, fees are refunded and every one is on their little way and he may list it again.

I know because I once sold something with a starting bid of $1, and that was also the winning bid.

12. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

So buying something to sell and make a profit = bad person?
    Lmao

I'm evil

13. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

everyone is assuming he paid for it in the first place? I know he said he wanted a different model, but maybe it was a gift and he just made nearly pure profit?

14. iJays macrumors regular

and the $1 item was lost or damaged (or various other reasons). For the most part, the buyer complied, transaction was canceled, fees were refunded and every one is on their little way and the $1 item was listed again.
    :cool: