lol. You can never keep up with apple

macness

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Vancouver Canada
One day you got that hot new item> next day they come out with a revamped version that puts yours to shame> and a week later they got a whole new redesign that makes both of them look prehistoric.

Gotta love Apple though (no love lost)

ps: not to say that newer is better

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
One day you got that hot new item> next day they come out with a revamped version that puts yours to shame> and a week later they got a whole new redesign that makes both of them look prehistoric.

happens with all compaines especially ones in the technology field

Takashi

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2009
happens with all compaines especially ones in the technology field
That's why you either buy the basic tech you can live with and upgrade in a few years, or you can buy the best one out there and use it until the machine stops working completely.

This is how technology company works. They will do everything in their power to advertise new technologies and get people to buy (invest in them), and then release an update after 3 to 6 months to motivate people to upgrade and buy more.

More importantly, there are many people (fanboys) out there who will follow apple's (or any other technology company) for that matter and ended up blowing thousands of $$ into items that they don't need. Apple (especially) builds on this weakness of such individuals and makes money off them.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
That's why you either buy the basic tech you can live with and upgrade in a few years, or you can buy the best one out there and use it until the machine stops working completely.

This is how technology company works. They will do everything in their power to advertise new technologies and get people to buy (invest in them), and then release an update after 3 to 6 months to motivate people to upgrade and buy more.

More importantly, there are many people (fanboys) out there who will follow apple's (or any other technology company) for that matter and ended up blowing thousands of $$ into items that they don't need. Apple (especially) builds on this weakness of such individuals and makes money off them.
bingo and when you break it down, Apple does not have a huge lineup of products, if they are not always updating or inovating how are they supoose to get new sales

wikus

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2011
Planet earth.

Tell this to someone who uses a Mac Pro.

Delighted

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

you can never keep up with technology in general. technology is evolving at such a fast pace that they have even replaced humans in certain industries. But fast growing technology is a good thing it will help us reach that next human milestone quicker and hopefully more efficiently.

lgwells1

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2011
COMO

You have to be talking about Android line of products. There is a new Samsung or HTC phone like every month. Apple updates it small products around once a year for phones and other smaller items. Computers get internal upgrades around once a year and external upgrades around 3-4 years give or take.

Your probably mad because you just bought a new product with out researching about a possibly new refresh in the very near future. Happens a lot.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Tell this to someone who uses a Mac Pro.
Yeah, I'm always amazed at people's need to have the latest yearly iteration of a product. I updated my Rev 1.1 MBP in January to a 15" i7 and it's great, but my old laptop lasted me 6 years, at least 3 years longer than any desktop I'd owned previously. Is something that's 2 years old slower than something 2 weeks old? Well yes, clearly. Do not mean it's non functional and obsolete? No, not in the least.