lol. You can never keep up with apple

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macness, Mar 6, 2012.

1. macness macrumors 6502a

macness

One day you got that hot new item> next day they come out with a revamped version that puts yours to shame> and a week later they got a whole new redesign that makes both of them look prehistoric.

Gotta love Apple though (no love lost)

ps: not to say that newer is better

2. StuLax18 macrumors 6502

3. macness thread starter macrumors 6502a

macness

?

4. TheBeastman13 macrumors regular

It is a joke, because you said "Apple" and he is saying Android releases new stuff more often, like 3, 6, or 9months cycles.

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I think they misspelled technology.

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

happens with all compaines especially ones in the technology field

7. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

What is this thread about and why is it in the MBP forums?

8. Takashi macrumors regular

That's why you either buy the basic tech you can live with and upgrade in a few years, or you can buy the best one out there and use it until the machine stops working completely.

This is how technology company works. They will do everything in their power to advertise new technologies and get people to buy (invest in them), and then release an update after 3 to 6 months to motivate people to upgrade and buy more.

More importantly, there are many people (fanboys) out there who will follow apple's (or any other technology company) for that matter and ended up blowing thousands of $$ into items that they don't need. Apple (especially) builds on this weakness of such individuals and makes money off them.

9. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

bingo and when you break it down, Apple does not have a huge lineup of products, if they are not always updating or inovating how are they supoose to get new sales

10. wikus macrumors 68000

wikus

Tell this to someone who uses a Mac Pro.

11. Delighted macrumors 6502

Delighted

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

you can never keep up with technology in general. technology is evolving at such a fast pace that they have even replaced humans in certain industries. But fast growing technology is a good thing it will help us reach that next human milestone quicker and hopefully more efficiently.

12. lgwells1 macrumors regular

lgwells1

You have to be talking about Android line of products. There is a new Samsung or HTC phone like every month. Apple updates it small products around once a year for phones and other smaller items. Computers get internal upgrades around once a year and external upgrades around 3-4 years give or take.

Your probably mad because you just bought a new product with out researching about a possibly new refresh in the very near future. Happens a lot.

13. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Yeah, I'm always amazed at people's need to have the latest yearly iteration of a product. I updated my Rev 1.1 MBP in January to a 15" i7 and it's great, but my old laptop lasted me 6 years, at least 3 years longer than any desktop I'd owned previously. Is something that's 2 years old slower than something 2 weeks old? Well yes, clearly. Do not mean it's non functional and obsolete? No, not in the least.