Lollapalooza 2008

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by themadchemist, Jul 1, 2008.

1. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Just wondering if anyone else is thinking of going or planning to go.

I'm thinking of going on Day 2, mainly to see Rage Against the Machine. I've never really heard of any of the other bands. I feel like I'm basically paying 80 bucks to see Rage, though considering how rarely they play concerts, I think I might have to...I would also love to see Flogging Molly and Amadou & Mariam on Day 3, but I can't afford two days' tickets!

How about you guys?

2. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

I bought the 3-day. Radiohead, Rancid and Flogging Molly are musts. But, man, $220 was a steep price to pay. Hopefully, it will be worth it for 3 days of great music....

3. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

Broken Social Scene, RAtM, Iron & Wine, Flogging Molly, G-Love & Special Sauce, Radiohead... great bands. Worth the ticket price if it didn't include airfare for me. :mad:

Also, saw Radiohead about a month ago, honestly one of the best concerts I've ever seen.

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i'm going. bought tickets relatively early and they were 190 for the three days.

looking forward to quite a few bands, and finding some new ones in the process too. NIN, Wilco, Iron & Wine, Okkervil River, etc.

radiohead and rage were never bands that really excited my interest, but it'll be nice to see them too.