Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

killswitch1698

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Hey all.

so as you all know mah broski broke the glass top on my ge electric
stove.

It all started with me and him talking. So here I am, talking, and all if a sudden he crashes his fist right through my stove...causing one of the burners to snap, the insulation to be torn apart, and most importantly causing my glass top to shatter into a million little pieces....

But I'm afraid it gets alot worse:
I don't even own the damn thing...my landlord does.

So besides me having to deal with my homeowner screaming/breathing down the back of my neck, what do you guys think I should do?

Thanks in advance peps :)

daflake

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2008
1. Speak English
2. Get your friend to pay for it.
3. It is "peeps", not "peps". :p

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
So besides me having to deal with my homeowner screaming/breathing down the back of my neck, what do you guys think I should do?

Thanks in advance peps :)
Get him to pay for it, grow up, and learn that sometimes trying to be the mid-20's cool guy on an internet forum puts you on the fast track to failure. If you're old enough to live on your own you should be old enough to figure this one out for yourself.

renewed

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2009
Bemalte Blumen duften nicht.
Get him to pay for it, grow up, and learn that sometimes trying to be the mid-20's cool guy on an internet forum puts you on the fast track to failure. If you're old enough to live on your own you should be old enough to figure this one out for yourself.

wow.. I seriously doubt his post was in all seriousness... but I did enjoy your rant lmao :D

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
It wasn't a rant. A rant is generally not a response to someone's question, rather it is a tangent about one's own plights. I have no plight against a broken stove and sub-standard english. It was, however, a simple statement to inform homeboy-g-money, that his post is fairly inane and that I am baffled how some people function in the real world. Either way, I am glad that I could entertain you. :D

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Isn't it as pompous for you to continue to banter with me? ;) And maybe you can read the posts above mine as they share the same attitude, or near enough.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Touche. But that was an entertaining five minute banter. Or maybe I am just really bored. :D

You're likely bored. I have work for you to do if you need something to entertain to you. Or you can clean my house ... your choice.

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I would suggest you talk with your landlord right away. Offer to pay for repairs or replacement. Even if you can't do it all at once, something like adding an extra $25-50 to rent might make them happy. I do think your friend should at least help pay. I would not try and get him to pay your landlord, as it can cause extra headache for the landlord and therefor you as well.

I also might work out better to tell your friend. "I got a payment schedule worked out with the landlord, what can I expect from you?".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.