Lombard Powerbook crashes after installing After Dark

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by WGoins88, Nov 19, 2011.

1. WGoins88 macrumors regular

Anyone know why this is happening?

I came across a copy of After Dark Classic today at Goodwill for a buck. Brand new! Anyways, I installed it, and reset the computer like it asked. When it starts up, the After Dark extension icon comes up garbled and I get a Bomb error. Says "Error caused by After Dark extension". So I reset it and started it up without extensions, uninstalled it, reinstalled and it did the same thing.

Is this version of After Dark not compatible with the Lombard and OS 9.2.2? Any help is appreciated.

2. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

It could just be too old of a version. After Dark has been around since System 6 so it really is hard to say. Did it come on CD or floppy?

3. WGoins88 thread starter macrumors regular

4. blesscheese macrumors 6502a

blesscheese

Afterdark won't work without fix

Hi,
    As far as I know, After Dark won't work on OS 9.1 and above, without a fix. There was a fix available for it, or rather a "hack" (in a good sense of the term).

The name escapes me now, you should try to google it, or go to the 68kmla.net forums and ask around. Sorry, gotta go to sleep here soon...if you don't find it, I can fire up one of my PPC's over the weekend, and look for it.

5. MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

6. WGoins88 thread starter macrumors regular

I found a fix! I ended up searching "After dark fix 9.2.2" and found a patch.

7. MacTech68, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011

MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68