Lombard vs Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Taccano, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Taccano macrumors newbie

I have a Lombard PowerBook G3. It is almost 9 years old. I have 384 MB RAM. And 4 GB hard disk. (Yeah, you have read right. :) ) I run tiger in my mac smoothly. I have 2 batteries (also 9 years old) and they last almost 2 hours. I use it everyday. Mail, syncing with my palm, iCal, Filemaker, Excel, Scripting etc.

It is still a beauty, and her looks is definitely not outdated imho if I compare with new generation mac laptops.

I am anxiously waiting for the new release of MPB too, as lots of people here.

But...

I have a concern. Having read a lot of posts in the past 2 months here, it seems new MPB's are more sensitive to hardware failure (GPU, LCD or hard disk.)

Do you think that old laptops of apple were better in durability, design and flexibility ?

I love my powerbook, and I want to trust and love my new machine as well.

I know there are a lot of users here who used several apple laptops from different generations.

What are your opinions?

2. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

i agree apple had better build quality even just a couple years ago.

if you machine is good for now i would wait for a refresh just because you can.

3. BMP1199 macrumors member

4 gigs??!?!

I have 40 on my 4 year old laptop and I'm dying over here...

4. pinktank macrumors 6502

unforutnately, as with every other consumer product, the quality has been giving it's way to smaller profit margin over quantity in the last 20 years