London Apple Retail Stores: Configured MBPS

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Totty1987, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Totty1987 macrumors regular

Can anyone tell me whether or not Apple stock the configured Macbook Pro's in the London stores.

I'm looking to purchase a Macbook Pro, but I would like to be able to compare the screen types and see which suits my eyesight better. (hi res/standard/AG)

Thanx in advance

2. JazzyFizzle macrumors member

They do but it's anyone's guess what they have in stock. If you can, just go in and see if they happen to have what you want. There's a high chance they won't however, so you're better off getting it off the website.

3. Totty1987 thread starter macrumors regular

That's what I fear, as I really don't know what screen type to get, as I wear glasses and my eyesight really isn't the best. I don't want to make a purchase and then return it due to the screen type not suiting my needs. :(

Anyway thank you for your comment.

4. randomrazr macrumors 65816

theres only 2 types of screens, anti glare and glossy

either will be fine. you will egt use to which ever sccreen u get. so get it

5. Hustler1337 macrumors 65816

Hustler1337

What do you mean by 'configured'? Do you mean custom configured MacBook Pros?

If you are simply wanting to compare between the hi-res and normal screens on the MacBook Pro I am almost sure that they have both on display. I was at the Apple Store in Westfield (Stratford) and they had the high-res on display. I've also seen the hi-res in the Regent Street store, though that was about 4-5 weeks ago. It is not highly unlikely that they won't have both screen types.

(Hopefully I have interpreted your question correctly)

6. Totty1987 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, sorry about that.

I've also been into the Stratford City store, but I haven't seen any anti-glare mbps on display.

7. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

The bigger stores will have the AG-HR machines on display such as the Trafford Centre. However they only had HR-AG available to purchase on a top of the range 2.5GHz machine at £2100+ so I ended up custom ordering via the website.

8. Hustler1337 macrumors 65816

Hustler1337

There is definitely at least 1 high-res AG model on display at that store, I was using it last Tuesday. If you walk into the store, they have some ready-to-buy products in boxes on the left with Apple staff in red t-shirts. Walk past them, there is a table with MacBook Airs on the left, and after that there is a table with MacBook Pros on it. The hi-res is on that table (the left corner of that table) kind of opposite the Apple Thunderbolt displays.

Lol, never thought I would be giving specific directions of an Apple Store on a forum. You can just ask any of the staff, I'm sure they will point you to where it is. ;) I'm also sure that it will be in their Regent St flagship store, just give any of their stores a call.

:eek: