London Store's availability on the 16th

Discussion in 'iPad' started by WillFisher, Mar 9, 2012.

1. WillFisher macrumors 6502

WillFisher

Has anyone got any ideas of how fast the new iPad will sell out on the 16th?
    I'm considering getting in around 11amish?
    What are the queues normally like if anyone knows?
    Looking to get a white 32gb wifi model :)

Wasn't sure if to post here or the launch meetup, so I have done in both! Sorry in advance!

2. ConnorTurnbull macrumors 6502

You probably won't get one if you roll in at 11.

3. WillFisher thread starter macrumors 6502

WillFisher

Really? Damn. What time do stores open on Launchdays? any earlier?

4. TheBigApple2006 macrumors regular

I walked past the Covent Garden store last year around 1-1.30 hours after the iPad 2 launch (which was 5pm if I remember correctly). There was Apple staff manning the queues outside with tickets for each model. They still had Wifi available but 3G models were sold out. So I guess you should be fine getting there at 1.30-2pm, if indeed they go again for a 5pm start of sales. Having said that, their stock levels are never leaked: its a better kept secret than the actual hardware used in future models!

5. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Since its a ticket system, probably before doors open.

6. WillFisher thread starter macrumors 6502

WillFisher

So wait, they went on sale at 5pm last year? Hmmm, I'll have to check out covent garden...

How does the ticket system work?

7. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

You get in the queue, Apple worker asks what model you want, you HAVE to decide then. Has a barcode, get in the store, scan it, get your device and pay.

8. WillFisher thread starter macrumors 6502

WillFisher

Ahhh okay thanks! What time does that normally start? Any ideas?

9. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

What do you mean start? They give out tickets about an hour before the store opens but they work along the line. I'm talking from experience at the Bath store btw not London but is most likely the same.

10. Mr.C macrumors 601

I don't think you quite get the idea. People typically start queuing several days in advance. By launch day it will probably be quite long especially at the Covent Garden and Regent Street Stores. To be honest there is absolutely no way of knowing what the situation is going to be like unless you have a crystal ball. Considering how the popularity of iPads has increased with every new model I doubt very much you will get one if you go there on the day.