Long alphanumeric pass code. *DOWNLOAD*

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mbsaeger, Jul 2, 2009.

1. mbsaeger macrumors 6502

mbsaeger

For anyone that wants a pass code longer than 4 digits, download and email this to yourself on your ipod touch or iphone, or just download it on your ipod touch or iphone.......

http://files.me.com/mbsaeger/dyhjwm

2. moka macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Don't get it, what's this for?

3. mbsaeger thread starter macrumors 6502

mbsaeger

It lets you use letters in your iphone pass code also, instead of just 4 numbers...

4. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

how to remove?

when i try to remove it, it asks for a 'removal password'... any idea on what this could be:?

5. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Another hack? Is this uhh.. easy? No JB required?

And like the above posted asked, how to remove it?

6. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

There's no Jailbreaking required. I just emailed it to myself just how the OP mentioned, and then I opened it similarly to how you open Powerpoint or Word documents in an E-mail. Then you get this:
    [​IMG]

I haven't set it up yet, because I don't know if you can remove it later.

7. LinMac macrumors 65816

I'd wait until someone posts all the details of this before installing an unknown piece of software or configure onto my phone.

This may route all your communications through a third party service where they are monitored or something else quite malicious for all we know at this point.

This sounds interesting though. Please post step by step detailed instructions on how the rest of us can generate our own file to install on our phones.

8. Greenstick macrumors newbie

You can make sone of these mobileconfig files yourself by using the tools on the Apple website (enterprise section).

9. macbookhamburg macrumors regular

Yeah i´t relly easy :)
    thanks for sharing ... i just made my own ...
    http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/enterprise/

nothing against the op but ithing it´s always safer to maker your own profile ...
    then you´ll have complete control over what´s included in it and stuff :)

10. mr.stinki macrumors 6502

Does anyone actually know how to remove this profile? I wanna make my own instead of using this one and I don't know the password for deleting it. Do I have to restore?

11. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

unless you know the password, then yes, and idk if even that will fix it
    PM the OP and see if they have the password

and for anyone else wanting to use this but hesitant, download it on your computer, install the linked config editor from apple, open it, and then unsign it and set it to always allow uninstall instead of "with password" that way it can be removed if you wish

12. cobalt135 macrumors regular

It is a configuration profile iirc. They can be deleted via the iPhone Configuration Utility available on Apple's site.

13. mr.stinki macrumors 6502

I actually guessed and the password is mbsaeger

14. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

Worked perfectly. but now I hate it and can not get it off my phone. I got rid of the profile but I want the old keypad back lol

15. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

always wanted a password longer then 4 char. about to download the utility and try this out

16. cobalt135 macrumors regular

My guess would be add the profile to the iPhone config. utility and change the settings to what they are by default then uninstall it.