Long delivery time on new iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Danrose1977, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Danrose1977 macrumors regular

Danrose1977

My order status looks like this:

Not yet shipped
    Estimated Shipping: 01 Oct, 2007
    Estimated Delivery: 11 Oct, 2007

IWORK '08 RETAIL-INT
    MA790Z/A

XTREMEMAC HDMI TO HDMI CABLE 2M-ZML
    TL951ZM/A

iMac 24/SD
    Z0E4
    2.4GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO
    2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
    320GB Serial ATA Drive
    SuperDrive 8X(DVD+R DL/DVD+RW)
    NO MODEM
    Apple wireless Mighty Mouse
    WL KYBRD & MAC OS X-UK
    COUNTRY KIT-GBR

Apple TV-GBR
    MA711B/A​

I'm in the UK and ordering through the education store... anybody else got a long shipping estimate?

2. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

the wireless keyboard isn't available yet ...

3. rds macrumors regular

When ordering, you should always keep an eye on the ship date as configuring one component can put it back weeks (e.g. the wireless keyboard.)

4. richkent72 macrumors regular

I don't think the wireless keyboard is the issue. I ordered a 2.4 20" iMac, standard spec except for a 500 gig hard drive.

Ordered: 14 August
    Estimated Shipping 21-23 August
    Estimated Delivery 30 August -4 September :(

The wait is killing me!

There is also a delay on iWorks at Amazon in the UK. Guess it's all down to the demand for the new products.

5. sparkyms macrumors 65816

But if you look your delievery date is close to a month before the OPs. It's because the wireless keyboard isn't available until then. If for some reason it becomes available before... you will get it as soon as.

6. Danrose1977 thread starter macrumors regular

Danrose1977

Yes, I should have remembered! That'll teach me not to order things late at night when my brain has switched off.

Must avoid eBay at that time as well....

7. richkent72 macrumors regular

Sorry - I must have been thinking a month ahead :eek:

8. Southern macrumors regular

Southern

I'm in the UK and I just ordered an entry level 20" iMac with a 320Gb HDD instead of the default 250Gb one. Order time is apparently two weeks, so I assume they are shipping it to the moon to swap out the smaller HDD, although when I spoke to Apple they did say it increases shipping time by adding BTO options. Never mind, at least it's not a month to wait - that is just insane! Nevertheless, I guess we'll both have to wait, what with people loving the new iMacs :)

9. CBX macrumors regular

Can you get the wireless keyboard (with the iMac) through the apple store quicker than via the web?

10. bigbadnewill macrumors 6502

We're still waiting for our 24" 2.8GHz mac, ordered it 9th august i think, due on friday, i'm so friggin excited!!!!

Never had a mac before. We ordered a wireless mouse, but all rest was standard. Who ships the iMac's in the UK?? Is it Citylink or someone like that?

Can't wait to get it though!!

11. Shreedhan macrumors newbie

It's always been UPS for me and I'm pretty sure Apple always use UPS. I ordered the base model 24 inch imac on 24th August 2007 and the expected shipping is 30th August earliest.

I have usually found that if the product is being within the UK the order arrives nextday from Apple say they shipped it!

12. sanzu3 macrumors regular

sanzu3

when i ordered my mbp yesterday (uk) i asked about getting a wireless keyboard and they said it would slow id down a lot so i passed on it.

i have a long 3 week wait ahead of me......

13. Fungie macrumors newbie

lol I waited like 3 weeks n apparently my 24" is still in Amsterdam not yet in the UK but apparently that is a GOOD sign?!?!? hehe this is what happens when u order something that is hugely on demand!

14. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

i think reuglar ship time without a wireless keyboard is about a week while the wireless option will bump it to a month or more.

15. mrmjd macrumors regular

UK delivery seems bad! People in Canada and USA are getting the same machine a lot earlier than the UK it seems!