Long distance code

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mario.jr, Oct 2, 2010.

1. mario.jr macrumors member

mario.jr

Hi!
    I just moved from android OS to the IOS (Iphone 4). Everything is almost perfect, except that I cant find a way to auto add the long distance code when traveling. My milestone has an option to auto include the code when needed. Is there a similar feature in IOS??

Thanks in advance. :D

2. warrmr macrumors regular

I dont think there is an auto include country code on the phone. But out of habit all of my numbers in my contacts list start (+44) out of habit do when i am away then i dont have to fuss about a country code.

3. ATC macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

That's one of the things I miss about my Blackberry. It used to auto-add "1" ahead of all my contacts when I placed a call so I never had to do it manually. When I migrated to the iPhone 4 I started getting the operator message that I needed to add 1 for long distance; I had to edit each of my contacts to have 1 before the area code so I wouldn't get that msg anymore.

4. draz macrumors 6502a

The iPhone has a feature called International Assist, which adds the correct prefix (+1) to numbers whenever you dial so you can enter the standard 10 digit number and the phone will auto add +1 when sending the number out to be connected. The phone auto adds the +1 to numbers in your contact list as well when dialing them.

This is a carrier feature and might be disabled on some iPhones. It is normally found in the Settings -> Phone section.

5. Komiksulo macrumors 6502

That sounds like it assumes the numbers are in North American ten-digit format. Not a good assumption!

6. mario.jr thread starter macrumors member

mario.jr

Thanks for the answers!! :D

I dont have that setting =(

Gonna have to enter the dial code manually :D
    No Problem!! Thanks again!