Long line even with reservation appointment

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aaronchow, Sep 25, 2015.

1. aaronchow macrumors regular

Just what is the point of having a long line if I have a reservation appointment! I have a 9:30am to 10am appointment. Even when I arrived at 9am, I am still 200 people behind. Just why is Apple doing this to me? I only have half an hour more before I need to go back to work. Argh!!!

Attached Files:

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Have you joined the correct que? My 2 local stores split the line. One for reservations and one for on the day.

3. aaronchow thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, the walk in line is even longer. The Apple staff says that they will reserve the phone until the end of the day. So I will need to go back to work and re-join the line after work... This system is really no good...

4. PedCrossing macrumors 6502

PedCrossing

My local also separate the lines, when I arrived for reservation there were less than 10 people in front of me, and it's in downtown Chicago!

5. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

Your store seems to be an anomaly. Most lines have been very short. Even for walk ups. Also, they allow people with later appointments to come anytime they want. That's probably what's killing you there. That and there is an extraordinarily large amount of people based on reports from other stores this morning.

6. ACURA2015 macrumors regular

I hear you, I knew that was going to happen, i picked up my phone today at 8:30am and i had about 50 people ahead of me with appointments much later than mines, and they were all getting iphones, the Apple rep only wanted to see that in fact they had an appointment, didn't matter what time they showed up, so I assume if you got to go that you will be entitled to pick up your phone later because its not your fault they are not splinting the lines and everyone is pilled up. Make sure you have a picture with date and time so you'll have prove as to why you left and couldn't wait if you had 200 people in front with an appointment for 9:30-10am

7. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

8. patrikr macrumors member

There were probably 15 people ahead of me when I get there at 7:45 for my 8am reservation. 5 minutes before the store opened a guy came out and asked everyone to line up according to reservation time so I ended up 5th in line.

9. aaronchow thread starter macrumors regular

I guess that I should have reserved the 8am appointment. Like EJ8 said, people who have 6pm appointments were lining up before me, and the San Francisco store staff are not doing anything about them. Anyway, I am back to work, and I will just wait for my 9:30am appointment at 6:30pm time. sigh... ><

10. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Reminds me of the ridiculousness that happened for the 4. It was my only time reserving for pick up at an Apple store (had to because preorders were a gigantic sh*tshow that morning) and they had 2 lines, one for reservations and one for walk-ins. I was in line for something like 6 hours, and they were already turning walk-ins away by the time they even let us into the mall at 6 am. The stupid thing was that they started off alternating reservations and walk-ins until they realized how inefficient and crappy it was to do to the people who'd bothered to reserve. That was when I vowed never again to wait in line.

Not that waiting at home anxiously is a whole lot more pleasant right now, of course. :p

11. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

4 people in my reservation line, in and out in 15 minutes.

12. JButtonMCL macrumors member

0 people at my reservation line, got in and out in under 5 minutes

I was the first reservation at 9:15am..WTF

13. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

That's why I choose the easiest option available: let UPS or FedEx hand deliver it to my front door...

14. bchreng macrumors 65816

bchreng

Which Apple Store was this?

15. gigapocket1 macrumors 65816

I was in and out in 15 minutes earlier today.. Walked right up with my preorder. They had about 200 people in the walk in line

16. bchreng macrumors 65816

bchreng

Which Apple Store was this?

17. PepsiCola macrumors newbie

PepsiCola

Had an 11am-11:30am reservation at the Apple Store in Grand Central NYC. I arrived at about 11:10am, but there was a long line, and I waited about 45 minutes. The reps seemed poorly trained, too - I initially wanted the Apple Upgrade Program but got so frustrated that I ended up paying full price to save time - and the rep was convinced he was selling me a "T-Mobile locked phone" even though I'm pretty sure it's an unlocked device. A really disappointing experience.