long line for pre orders and Rude people

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Soura2112, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Soura2112 macrumors 6502

To be safe I showed up at the Walnut Creek Apple Store in CA at 10am. Two hours later i got my pre order ( I was going to go around 4pm). They had a lot of phones its a big store. I was a little worried when I saw the line. I heard the non pre orders wrapped around over 3 blocks at 7pm last night. For every 10 pre orders they let 1 non pre order in...So I heard.
    Everyone in line around me was cool, but I could not believe some people. When they left the store they went right through the 2 sectioned lines and used the new video feature walking out of the store. Basically showing off as they walked past hundreds of people, and everyone around me was not happy about that. I even told a group of people if you see me do that I give you permission to punch me in the face. I got mine, went around the other way, so no one would see me with my new toy, or show it off like the people I mentioned. The girl waiting on me said last night a guy who got the phone early went up to the people in the non pre-order line and put them on video, showing off their iPhone 4. I just can't believe people would do that. Were all Apple "geeks" friends after all....So I thought. That was the only downside
    Good luck with your hunt today...or if your still in line! I hope you all get one!

2. aequitas1234 macrumors member

Haha.awesome. Alpha move on their part.

You, however, come across like an aspie in this story...

3. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

I believe some MR member talked about going to his Apple Store to go show it off at the people in line......... That could have been him. ;)

People are rude though. I waited in line for my 3G. While in line I talked to some really cool people. Occasionally, I would use my original iPhone to browse the internet while waiting( especially when the servers crashed and brought the process to a crawl). A person ahead of the group I was talking to noticed it and kept on asking if I was going to sell it. I kept on saying no and was thinking about giving it to my mom. All through out the line she kept on asking and asking and I kept on saying no. And when we got to the front of the line she asked for my number so she could call and see if I was going to sell it..... I was like, " How many times do I have to say no?". People are rude in this world. Have to accept it.

4. cowsrus macrumors 6502

Hey! walnut creek is my apple store as well!
    Very cool, haven't seen anybody in my area on macrumors before

I didn't wait in line but how was the stock there? I most likely will end up going to the AT&T across the street in broadway plaza when white comes out but still cool to see somewhere in the area

grats on getting the phone and thanks for not being a tool!

5. acribb macrumors regular

My pre-order was delivered yesterday morning at 9:30am est.

I went to my Apple Store today to buy a bumper so I could get good cell phone reception (it cures the problem as far as I can tell).

On the way out I recorded the long lines simply because I wanted to show my wife and friends how crazy it was there, not to be mean or vindictive.

I think you are being a little too sensitive here.......

6. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

Well..

First of all, at the Mall of America the pre-order line was 1/10 of the non line. They tended at a 50 to 1 (thats honestly what they said) ratio for those who pre-ordered vs. those who didn't, until 8:30.

Second, I think your a bit uptight. So the people who have been waiting for months for their device wanted to use it as soon as possible. Go figure? Perhaps your being unreasonable.

All in all a very long, but great day. There were over 400 people in line at the Mall of America and I was 26th. I showed up at the mall entrance at 4:00 a.m.

Hope everyone had just as good of time as I did.

Blonde Buddhist

7. aliebel macrumors member

Apple makes it part of the purchase to try and once the phone is activated, put it in your hands as "your phone". It happened to me again this year, he handed me the phone and immediately put the empty box in my bag and wanted to walk me out. They want you to walk out with the phone.

Thats fine, I don't particularly care to have it out like that till I get it home and configured etc. so when i got outside I placed mine in the box. But, if someone wants to use it as soon as they get out they aren't being rude. They want to capture a small part of the "experience" they had on launch day.

It doesn't feel good to see someone using it when your standing in line, probably for quite some time longer; but guess what. The person using the phone knows exactly how you feel, because before they got their phone, they were in line with you too.

Are those folks that camped out with you that are in amazement at the size of the line using their 3GS to snap a photo bothering you? Probably not

I do thought sympathize with those folks who couldn't get a reservation through. They were giving the receivers some pretty cold looks, but hey, that's their problem. Their attitude could be different but that's their choice.

Anyway, happy iPhone 4 day :p