iPhone Long pressing notifications not working on SE

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by GreyOS, Oct 10, 2018.

1. GreyOS macrumors 68040

GreyOS

Hello, I was under the impression that iOS 12 introduced the ability to long press notifications on the lock screen to view the rich notification on devices that don’t have 3D Touch, including the SE.

This seems to be the case on my iPad Air 2 but not my partner’s iPhone SE. This was the case on iOS 12.0 and is still the case on iOS 12.0.1. Is this correct, am I wrong to think the SE should support this?

FWIW Swiping left and tapping View still works. I can’t find a setting to enable or disable long press.

2. martin2345uk macrumors 6502a

3. GreyOS thread starter macrumors 68040

GreyOS

I think the novel thing for the XR is haptic feedback for long presses.

However, older iPads certainly got the long press feature, just without haptics.

What I’m trying to confirm is whether older iPhones should have done too. I don’t see it on the SE. Feature or bug?

4. digitalexplr macrumors 6502a

digitalexplr

I'm thinking the long press is for the iPads along with the gestures, but could wrong.

5. GreyOS thread starter macrumors 68040

GreyOS

That’s such a shame if so. Weird decision. Perhaps because iPhone is their main earner, they wanted to restrict features. But iPad is just something on the side that people don’t upgrade often.

All I’m really looking for in this thread is someone with an SE to confirm they don’t get this feature either.