Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JReynolds

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
Where the Air Force sends me
My MacBook pro has gotten slow and I would like to "start over." I use it has my hub for two iPhones and an iPad. I would like to transition into using my iMac as the hub. My problem is my transferring EVERYTHING from my MBP's library to the iMac. Apps included...

Is this possible? I can screen share, or transfer files or whatever needs to be done.

The next problem is getting all the other information onto the iMac that is needed to sync the iPhones and iPad (info, apps, ringtones, music, movies, tv shows, books, and photos. All the tabs at the top when plugged in)

Is there some simple way to do this?

Last problem, I don't have iLife on my iMac, accidentally erased it, so that means the photos have no place to go, correct?

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Connect them with Ethernet cable and open Migration Assistant in the iMac and follow its instructions. Everything will be same as in the MBP.

You can reinstall iLife from the second install disk that came with your iMac, carrying name "Application install disk"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.