Long ringer, and louder rings tweaks

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by slayer666, Aug 11, 2012.

1. slayer666, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012

slayer666 macrumors regular

Apr 26, 2012
    Is there any tweaks on Cydia that when you ring some one it rings longer and another tweak that can make your phone ring louder when you get a incoming call?
  2. Asator macrumors 6502a

Apr 8, 2011
    There's a few tweaks out there that claim to be able to do this but I believe they are all *********.
  3. chokem, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012

chokem macrumors 6502

May 7, 2012
    Searcy, AR
    I agree. I've never seen a tweak that could actually boost the devices volume beyond the factory limit.
  4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Feb 9, 2011
    Ring length is set by your carrier, not by the device. If the device's volume adjustment isn't cutting it then edit the audio file on your computer and adjust the volume level in the file itself. You can't "crank the iPhone to 11".
  5. BumpyFlatline, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012

BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

Apr 11, 2012
    iJailbreak had a tutorial for manually editing files using iFile. It was written for ios4. I followed the steps and my volume was absolutely louder than stock. In fact, when you edited the files, you could change the values so dramatically that the volume would be too loud. It would get very distorted and would sound terrible. Plus it would eat battery life. But the tutorial does work. Unfortunately I'm on iOS5 now and even though the site says the tutorial will work on iOS5, it doesn't work. Plus some of the files are located in different folder locations. I read on other blogs where people located the files and said it works for them, but I tried that as well and didnt get the same results as on ios4. I can post a link to iJailbreak of anyone wants to mess around with it. If anyone successfully gets it to work I'd love to hear from you!

I downloaded the newest Volume Boost for iOS5.x.x in one of cydia's default repositories, but I dont think it works as advertised. It says the volume is increased by 30%. I can't notice a difference. Man I wish that old tutorial still worked!

EDIT: Very strange. I just went into cydia and removed the Volume Boost by Fl4kz to see if I could notice a difference in volume. After it was done uninstalling and I returned to cydia, cydia told me the package could not be found. I then searched for it but it is no longer in the default repo. I wonder why its gone? Maybe it was confirmed not to work? Very strange...