Long shipping times and financing

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Ankaa, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Ankaa macrumors 6502a

Hi,

so I was planning to use the 0% financing to get myself a new Macbook (now Pro). But, the shipping times are now up to 4 to 5 weeks. However, for the financing it says that you only get the 0% if you buy within 30 days of approval...which will probably not be met with the current shipping times as Apple only charges the credit card at the time of shipping, not ordering.

Has anyone run into this issue before and has some advice? Would it be different if I ordered at a store instead of buying online?

2. Ankaa thread starter macrumors 6502a

Really, over 430 views but no-one knows anything?

I asked at the store, today, and they weren't exactly helpful, either :(

3. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Why not call Barclay and ask? I don't see why it wouldn't be your purchase date, though.

I'm doing the same thing, but I'm fairly certain these things will be shipping within the next week or so. Apple ship dates are always conservative.

4. Ankaa thread starter macrumors 6502a

Maybe because it specifically says so in the Terms&Conditions?

https://www.barclaycardus.com/applycontent/TnCs.jsp?tc33454

Of course it occurred to me to call Barcley, just I didn't really know where/which number. And I thought I may as well ask here, first

5. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Okay, so there's your answer.

Call them anyway and explain the situation, I think they're pretty generous with giving you the offer "again" if you haven't used it.