Long-term At&t Customer

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by soulfulms, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soulfulms macrumors newbie

hi,

i am a long-term at&t customer who is coming upon an upgrade time in a couple of months...i am considering the iphone 4...for those of you who may know, what is the best method to obtain an iphone 4 for a heavily discounted price...i realize i can keep my voice plan as is, but will have to add a data plan...any advice would be appreciated...thanks....

2. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

Hi, It's not necessary to type in bold, unless you want to shout. Plain text is fine.

If you are eligible for a fully subsidized upgrade, you get a iPhone 4 16GB for $199 or a iPhone 32GB for $299. Data plans are $15 for 200 MB or $25 for 2 GB. Add tethering to the 2GB plan for $20. SMS starts at $5. Those are pretty much your options.

Or wait to see what Verizon has in early 2011 (most likely the same plans or comparable).

3. soulfulms thread starter macrumors newbie

2 years ago i could have upgraded to an iphone for $99...what's the difference this time around? do you know?

4. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

You said you want an iPhone 4. For $99 you can get an iPhone 3GS 8GB.

Have you tried looking at Apple and AT&T's websites? All the information is there.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Are you asking for advice to get a discount on the Phone or your monthly bill?

the Phone is set at $199/$299 as an upgrade, I've never heard of anyone getting it below this price. As for your bill, depending on what company you work for, they might offer an employee discount on your voice plan only (% varies by company), but the discount does not apply to Data plans/Text plans or government taxes.

My company offers me a 20% discount on my monthly bill, so for me:

450 Minutes a month
    $39 - 20% = $31.00

Unlimited Data
    $30

200 Text
    $5

$66 + tax

So I suggest you call AT&T or speak with your manager/hr rep to see if you qualify for a month discount on your bill.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can upgrade to an iphone 3GS for $99 but not the iphone 4. The iphone 4 is $199 and $299 for the 32GB version.
    I dont know what you mean about getting one with a heavily discounted price.
    You wont get it any cheaper than what its been sold for.

7. soulfulms thread starter macrumors newbie

i have a voice plan with 1000 anytime minutes with roll-over...at&t said i could keep this voice plan, but i have to add a data plan...if i wait the 2 months until my upgrade period arrives, is it possible to get the iphone 4 for the $99...have any of you done this?

8. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

you can get an iPhone 4 for $99 if you wait until Apple releases the next version of the iPhone and bumps the current version down to $99 like they have in the past with the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. I'm not being rude, I'm just basing this on past events.

FYI, AT&T online offers iPhone 4 refurbished for $150/$250 and it carries the same 1 year manufacturers warranty.

9. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

As stated above several times, the iPhone 4 is $199 or $299. The iPhone 3GS is $99. There are no other prices, unless you aren't eligible for a fully subsidized price, in which case you pay an extra $200 or more.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, you will have to get the $15 or $25 data plan with the iphone.
    If you wait 2 months I highly doubt the iphone 4 will drop in price. Most likelly like every year when the next iphone comes in the summer the iphone 4 might go down in price.

11. soulfulms thread starter macrumors newbie

why don't you just say that you don't know about the pricing in 2 months?

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What?
    I said highly doubt it but judging by Apples standards for the past 4 years it will not drop in price untill a newer version is out.
    Probably not what you want to hear but too bad.

13. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

Apple will not drop the price in two months. You can bank on that. When Verizon gets it in January it will be the exact same price. When the iPhone 5 comes out in June 2011, the iPhone 4 may well be offered at $99.

But if you want to wait two months to find out, that's your choice.

14. soulfulms thread starter macrumors newbie

are there any at&t customers, who were eligible for an upgrade, paid less than the $199 for the iphone 4??

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

NO
    Unless you get a refurb for $150 like said above you are not going to get it cheaper.
    You dont seem to get it.

16. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Go to Walmart, they sell the iPhone 4 for less than $199

[​IMG]

17. 184550 Guest

NO.

This will not happen until the iPhone 5 is released next June. Then the iPhone 4 will drop to the $99 price point. Several people have already pointed this out. Asking repeatedly and rephrasing the question will not result in a different answer. JFC.

18. soulfulms thread starter macrumors newbie

listen applejuiced...i'm not just talking to you...or are you the "leader of the forum" the question is for everyone...so, please you can stop now...thanks...

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Oh yeah, and dont forget the tax on top of that price:D

I made the mistake of trying to help you and answer your question. Maybe not what you wanted to hear but me and what the rest above posted is correct.
    A simple thank you would be better instead.
    Have a nice day.

20. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Why the attitude? People are answering your question.

21. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Don't you know, Applejuiced was appointed the leader of the Mac Rumors Forum last night, i guess you missed the big announcement.

22. 184550 Guest

*Checks to see what post count is needed for that title*
    :p

23. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

LMAO :D

24. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

Everything asked is answered. OP doesn't like the facts. Time to close this thread. :rolleyes:

25. soulfulms thread starter macrumors newbie

i fear the truth is you don't want people to know where they can get one for less!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.