Long time Android user now defected to Apple Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 416-Nemesis, Jul 10, 2017.

1. 416-Nemesis macrumors newbie

416-Nemesis

Hello, I recently bought an iPhone 7 plus after a decade of Android use. Things are going very well, but there are some things that are missing that I rely on with Android, in the application area:

Is there any app that can do the following:

1. Auto SMS: I am very busy on the weekdays and many people are ignorant and can't leave a message. Instead, they call over and over repeatedly. Is there an app on iOS (plenty on Android) that will send a customized auto response to let them know I am busy and I will call them back? The Android version I had before had it for both sms and missed calls.

2. E-mail template: On Android, I had an app that had pre-filled e-mail templates of rich text. I would select the template, then select on copy, and then just paste it in the e-mail body. Is there any app like this on iOS?

3. Call recorder app: I need an app (again, Android had plenty) to have all incoming and outgoing calls recorded automatically.

All replies will be greatly appreciated.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

1. In the Settings app, under Phone should be a section that says "Respond with Text". Set this up in there. You should be presented with an option to respond with a text when you get a call. Now, if you meant you want this to happen automatically with no intervention on your part I don't believe anything like that exists.

2. Probably a different app. The stock app does not offer that.

3. Don't believe you can do this.

Now, if you had a jailbroken iPhone, there be some other options. But that's an entirely different kettle of fish.

3. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Welcome to a decent os with what has some splendid apps.

I believe that the in built phone settings has an auto reply feature or much like a one touch quick reply a la android.

I use type app that has quick replies but not sure of templates. I'll look for you.

Dont think call recording is possible out the box. I doubt apple would open that up.
    Once again a warm welcome, enjoy your stay. You've made the right choice.