Long time Apple lover but...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dim.thelights, Oct 1, 2013.

1. dim.thelights, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013

dim.thelights macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've used and loved Apple since... well The Apple II from my uncle. I've purchased all the machines I could afford... 8500, 9600, G3, G4, G5, MacBooks and Powerbooks etc. I've had the iPhone 1, 3G, 3GS, 4S and now the 5. Also the iPad 2, 3 & 4...

This to say I really like Apple's products. Liked! ...because I do not see any reason to stay with the platform any longer.

Android tablets are cheaper and more expandable. So why should I still use Apple's products?

The reasons I want and will switch are:

Micro SD card vs Apple's ridiculous prices for more memory. With two 64GB cards I can bring all the movies I want on my trip and I can shoot all the pictures I need. All at a fraction of the cost. No?

Batteries. With a GalaxyS4 I can switch batteries instantly. I will buy an extra batt and when I'm out of juice during the day, I will switch batteries and voila, after 2 minutes I'm fully charged again.

I love iTunes as music player! ...But I HATE iTunes as iPad/iPhone manager!!!!

Now, please tell me I'm wrong and say that Android also has it flaws. I don't wanna switch and purchase my USD 900 worth of apps again... But I will if Apple is not getting it's **** together. Give me MicroSD at least!

Are you listening Mr. Tim Cook? Most likely you will not :/

Kind regards, Dim

2. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

I think wishing for an SD is a lost cause. I honestly don't think we will ever see it.

As for Android, of course it has flaws. Every OS known to man has its flaws. If you're on an upgrade cycle why not go ahead and try the phone that is most attractive to you. You have two weeks to see if you made the right choice. I don't think its a hard line yes or no. And I don't think you can go by what others on any forum tell you.

You have to experience it yourself and make the decision based on facts in your hand and not anyone else's opinion.

Hope this helps somewhat :)

3. dim.thelights thread starter macrumors newbie

The phone that is most attractive to me is the 5S I guess... because nothing else exist from Apple... But paying 900 Euro's for the 64Gb version? I don't think so. I can get the latest Samsung way cheaper and purchase a 64GB card...

The least what they could have done is bump the memory to 32 - 64 - 128Gb...

Sigh... Hate Samsung... But hate Apple slightly more now I guess... :/

Did I mention already that iTunes S***S as management tool for the iPad/iPhone? ...Yes. I'm sure I did.

4. LaunchpadBS macrumors 6502a

OK so this is not a solution but a suggestion given the choices I've made to solve some of your issues I've had.

Memory wise - Kingston Wi-drive 64GB for more movies etc
    http://www.kingston.com/en/usb/wireless#wid

Extra battery/charger that's small and convenient - EasyAcc 5600mAh External Battery Pack Power Bank
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CRTCTCY/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And it's not that you couldn't replace the battery in a pinch if you REALLY needed to but it's just a little tricky.

It's all a design thing.

I'm with you on iTunes, got so fed up I'm now on Spotify premium, I don't think I'll ever go back to iTunes now.

5. thehustleman macrumors 65816

1. You CANNOT group all androids together! A lot of people say "i tried android and if sucks" ask them what phone and its always some no name or obscure mid range or low end android. When you go android you go high end or nothing at all!

2. The tablets suck, especially when you're used to ipad. True enough you get the expandable storage BUT the apps on the tablets as Steve Jobs would say "are s@*#" app development hasn't and probably never will catch up with Ios in tablets

3. The user experience on an Android phone is second to none. You can do things with a high end android you'd never be able to do on an iPhone. You can make the user experience exactly what you want by customization OR if you're not into customization, just let it stay and use it as is.

It's really up to you.

You get more functional, more features, and better screen sizes than any iPhone.

Apple makes great stuff and back when I owned an iPhone I thought it was the greatest, then I traded up, and the opposite happened with tablets.

I am a recent windows-to-mac switcher and I'm totally enjoying that but I still keep my windows computer due to the fact that I can get inside and tweak things, but for just using, I prefer my mac, it's more stable