Long Time Reader, First Time Buyer

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DialAView, Feb 7, 2008.

1. DialAView macrumors newbie

Hi

Just bought my first Mac, MacBook White 2.2Ghz, 250 GB HD , and 4G RAM. So far I love it, I can't imagine going back to PCs especially since I'm learning new tricks every day. No point in this post other than to say Hi

Take Care
    Paul Eisenberg

2. Techsavyfreak macrumors member

cool, i just got my macbook pro about a month ago, and i love (i have to admit i do have windows installed on it)

3. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

4. Jonnyfive macrumors regular

Congrats! Once you go mac you can never go back.
    I remember about 2 months after my first mac I went to use a friends windows machine and I couldn't believe how ugly and cumbersome it was.

5. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

Congrats man, I got my first mac about 4 years ago and everyone in my family thought I was crazy. Now they all use Macs, and so do my friends. They love mac as much as me now, because everything just works. No driver issues, spyware, viruses, adware, hackers, blue screens of death. Windows XP itself is a virus. It's funny to, because after a while you will find yourself forgetting how to use windows. For example, a lot of times my friends need help with XP issues, and I used to be pretty good at trouble shooting windows machines. Four years later, I can hardly find anything on a windows computer now.

Welcome to a new computing experience!

6. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I'm assuming your MR name comes from Grandaddy. Nice.
    I'm very jealous of your set up, what will you be using it for?

welcome to the community

7. DialAView thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah it from Grandadddy, fav song off that album so I decided to use it.

Just using the computer for home/medical residency, my old PC broke down and I couldn't justify getting the MacBook Pro when the Macbook would do everything I needed and I also couldn't wait.

Take Care
    Paul

8. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

Great little system, I really kind of regret now not getting the bigger HD, you made a good choice for a system and it will suit you well with your stuff as a med student.

9. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

Enjoy It's nice machine Got the same one myself.

10. Pees330 macrumors 6502

Congrats, I remember when I got my first Mac a few years ago. I love it and cannot wait until I get my next one. Which hopefully will be soon.