longer iWeb pages?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by mikedurkee, Sep 2, 2008.

1. mikedurkee macrumors newbie

i have an iWeb website and i want to make the pages longer...it cuts off some text that i have..how do i do this? is it something in settings?
    help please.
    -mike

2. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

Unless the template you're using is static coded in terms of height, you should simply be able to insert a new object near the bottom in a blank area and resize it. Most of the help I saw includes this: "Page size expands automatically to accommodate new content." There might be a limit of 4000 pixels according to some advice out there, but I'd argue that's VERY long and a poorly designed site, not to mention a bandwidth hog. If so, organize your site into pages, which iWeb does well.

If the template is static coded, additional help can be found here as to modifying the grid and layout which creates the template.

-jim

3. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

I create (almost) all my iweb pages from scratch, and no they don't automatically resize, which is a bit of a pain.

The sizes seems to be coded in, and it's very easy to overlook that when wondering why pages aren't working. To add some extra length, go to Inspector / Page / layout, and change 'Content Width / Length' as appropriate.

Tip: another cause of mysterious page screwups (of pages that don't use the iweb navigation menu template) is accidentally leaving 'display navigation menu' ticked - even if you've already removed all elements from the nav menu area, it still screws up the page display in mysterious ways.

4. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

Ah, I missed that. Thanks for the correction.