Longer MacbookPro 2019 USB-C Cable?

Moshe1010

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Hi,

Do I need to look for specific cables when I'm searching for longer USB-C Macbook Pro 16" charging cables?

Is there any benefit purchasing the Power Adapter Extension Cable vs. just a longer USB-C cable?

I want to purchase a 10 ft (3m) cable, but not sure if I need to look for specific cables since the charger of the 16" has higher W than others.

Are any of these a good buy?

OR:

Thanks

YatBob

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2014
Louisiana
I have the first one, the uni. been using it for about a week and it seems to work the same as the one Apple supplied with the computer, I did a comparison using both cables, and did not see any difference, when viewing via Coconut Battery, iStat Menu, or power in about this Mac.

Moshe1010

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
I have the first one, the uni. been using it for about a week and it seems to work the same as the one Apple supplied with the computer, I did a comparison using both cables, and did not see any difference, when viewing via Coconut Battery, iStat Menu, or power in about this Mac.
Thanks. I ended up picking up this one:

They don't ship the first one to my country. The second one has many bad reviews on its durability.