Longer USB cord?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by harpy, Apr 21, 2010.

1. harpy macrumors member

I just picked up the iPad and the dock. One thing that was immediately obvious was that the cord is really short, only around 3' in length. Are there longer apple cords that can be bought, perhaps about 6' in length?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

3. GadgetX macrumors regular

Yeah just buy a male to female USB extension cable. Shouldn't be more than a few dollars online. Alternatively if you have a MacBook charger you can pull the extension cable off that and it will plug into the iPad brick.

4. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Yeah, but the cable is still short.

Apple should have included a longer cable but oh well, an extension can do.

5. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

I actually think, Apple should have designed this to have magnetic (like MBP) connector.

I'm sure I will get flamed for even suggesting that, but I've had two close calls where my dogs ran around the coffee table and I caught my iPad. :rolleyes: With such a short cord, there is zero slack if you get caught in the cord.

6. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

They could of, but it wouldn't be able to double as a USB. Good idea if it had a usb port tho.

7. mullman macrumors 6502

mullman

I have a 4-5 Apple laptop extension cords around here (that snap into the brick) and just use one of those.

Happy to send you one for shipping cost if it is that big of a deal, I could spare one.

8. T4R06 macrumors 65816

i am replying on this because some folks here including me is using the macbook power cord to connect on ipad brick so that is a total of..
    6+3ft cord is still short? what kind of power cable do you want? my goodness..

9. bniu macrumors 6502a

which is why I don't like having pets :D
    I don't have anything against others having pets, I just don't want to deal with the PITA that pets are. I like my house to be quiet and everything to be exactly where I leave it and I don't want to worry about a pet soiling my furniture or other things...

10. Blacklabel34 macrumors 6502

The cord is short for a reason. That reason is so you buy the iPad extension for $29. Apple gotta love em;)

11. JBazz macrumors 6502

I have a couple of old USB extensions from my previous iMacs/keyboards. I guess those should work?

12. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Like THIS?