Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

supervelous

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 28, 2010
i have to say, after owning the Air 2 for about 6 months I still love this device. Still feel like I'm in the honeymoon period with it where I want to use it all the time. This is despite just getting a 6S Plus and owning a Surface Pro 3.

So thin and light. I read the Wall Street journal on it daily, watch a ton of Netflix and HBO, watch cable via my cable providers app, buy and read my textbooks on Kindle, most of my web surfing, and watch NFL via Sunday ticket app and MLB via the At Bat app. And now it's gotten even better with multitasking!

I don't think I've ever had this long a honeymoon period with a gadget, usually it starts off exciting then after a few months it dies down.

sjleworthy

macrumors 68000
Dec 5, 2008
Penarth, Wales, UK
buddy, i'm still there with my first and only ipad - the ipad2 - i purchased the day it was released. it's my pride and joy and is still a huge part of my waking hours.

Cvx5832

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2014
buddy, i'm still there with my first and only ipad - the ipad2 - i purchased the day it was released. it's my pride and joy and is still a huge part of my waking hours.

Impressive. Im curious, has the battery ever been replaced?

My cousin likewise still uses his iPad 2. It's worn but it's still going, not to mention it's been on a weekly regional flight since he bought it!

smooth

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2007
Detroit
I wouldn't call it a honeymoon period, but my iPad 3, which I just upgraded to an Air 2 this week, slowly became my go-to device. I got it 3.5 years ago but for the first year it was mainly just my e-reader and photo album. Then it split time with my MBP. About a year and a half ago I cut the cable cord. I started doing lots of downloading and streaming from my MBP so I was on my iPad 90% of the time since then

Last edited:

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
I wouldn't call it a honeymoon period, but my iPad 3, which I just upgraded to an Air 3 this week, slowly became my go-to device. I got it 3.5 years ago but for the first year it was mainly just my e-reader and photo album. Then it split time with my MBP. About a year and a half ago I cut the cable cord. I started doing lots of downloading and streaming from my MBP so I was on my iPad 90% of the time since then
Air 3?

sjleworthy

macrumors 68000
Dec 5, 2008
Penarth, Wales, UK
Impressive. Im curious, has the battery ever been replaced?

My cousin likewise still uses his iPad 2. It's worn but it's still going, not to mention it's been on a weekly regional flight since he bought it!

No battery replace, still as is, but i do use my ipad plugged in constantly, or at least 85% of its time plugged in. Only ever around the house.

RickTaylor

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2013
I still love my mini retina. It goes everywhere with me, always close at hand, never in the way. I've moved as many of my books to it as I can, and now my library is always with me. It's been two and a half years since I saw the original mini and thought, "Wow!"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.