Longest return policy for Thunderbolt Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by orangebluedevil, Jan 25, 2013.

1. orangebluedevil macrumors 6502

I need a Thunderbolt Display starting next week, but in well aware that a new one is likely coming very soon. Which store has the longest return policy? I plan to keep it in perfect conduction in case a new one gets released soon.

I know Apple Store does 14 days and Best Buy does 30 days, anything longer than 30 days?

2. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

Considering that the 27" iMac is still on 3-4 week shipping delay, I really don't expect to see a new ATD announced in the near future and even if announced, I would expect significant shipping delays (on the order of months like with the 27" iMac).

3. madsci954 macrumors 68030

I'm hearing rumors that new TBD won't be refreshed until the Mac Pros are refreshed. I honestly would not expect new TBD's until either spring or summer.

4. 53x12 macrumors 68000

53x12

60 days at Best Buy for Premier Silver members.

New TBD won't be around for some time and won't be here in a few weeks. Apple has to sort out 27" iMac supply issues. Currently backlogged 3-4 weeks. Won't see a new ATD for several more months.

5. orangebluedevil thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks everyone for the responses. There was a story here about 3 weeks ago that supply was running short at 3rd party retailers, however, you can see that on Amazon it's back in supply now. That has pretty much dashed my hopes of getting a new one soon.

6. 53x12 macrumors 68000

53x12

That is correct. You won't see a new one for some time. 27" iMac supplies need to get sorted before you see a new ATD. Just be patient. I know it is hard sometimes.