Longitude, google latitude updater now out

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by B737, Aug 11, 2010.

1. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

For those of you that use Google Latitude the true and tested "Longitude" has finally been updated to v1.6 works flawlessly w iOS 4.

The nice thing about his app vs others is u can set it to update only on a time interval. Say every 60 or 90 minutes. Which really reduces impact on battery life. I've been using longitude for at least 2 years. It's a great app.

Just a heads up.

2. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

Nice. Time to install. I've been using it for a couple of years as well and now on the ip4.

3. tibere86 macrumors member

I just check Appstore, it's still showing it as v. 1.0 and hasn't been updated since Jan 27 2009.

4. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

The appstore?? What the hell are you looking at? Longitude is found in Cydia or Rock. The latest is 1.6, last updated Aug 11 2010.

5. ajnicho macrumors 6502a

I'm not a fan of the small screen map, also not a fan of the delay in showing friends on the map.

6. B737 thread starter macrumors 6502a

B737

Longitude v1.6 bug w airplane mode?

Anyone else getting this behavior?

Im finding when I have longitude enabled and when the phone is in
    airplane mode for a significant time I get odd behavior on exiting from airplane mode.

It's as if the springboard / phone is reset but never actually crashes. When exiting airplane mode; I'll get the apple popup on "how to arrange springboard icons", my ringer and text message alerts are reset to default tones, battery % is switched off, the phone loses track of usage time, and lock sound becomes enabled. It seems that longitude has a hard time or is unable to update after all this occurs. Once I put my settings back into the phone and reboot the phone, longitude functions normally.

I'm not sure if this is occurring just because longitude is simply enabled going into / out of airplane mode, or if the longitude position update while in airplane mode causes this.

only other processes running are
    SBSettings
    Popup Blocker
    Bosspaper

I've never seen this until installing longitude.

Anyone else?

7. JaSuS macrumors regular

JaSuS

Apps...

Great this is the first app I will install when I get my iphone....

8. B737 thread starter macrumors 6502a

B737

its been updated twice, and he squashed both bugs. I love this utility, it only updates at your preset interval, so it doesnt use much battery, its just a quick snapshot of the GPS, if it doesnt get a good lock it doesnt care. and thats exactly what i wanted from a latitude updater.

this app has shown no additional significant battery usage since i started using it again on my iphone 4. well worth the $