Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cuzo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
How long you think before it stutters and freezes up? I want to get my mom a new phone and she wants the max model but I can't afford the 12 pro max lol so I was going to get her one like mines (11 pro max)

What's the major differences day to day? Not concerned about the battery, I'm speaking performance mostly and memory

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
None of my old iPhones freeze up or stutter - and that's going all the way back to a 4S. They may be slower than their replacements, but they all work fine.
Four years of use is not an issue especially with the more recent iPhones - they're al very fast

Reactions: eyoungren

Devyn89

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2012
The 11 pro max is an amazing phone! It shouldn’t stutter (other than occasionally) for years to come.

Reactions: Bethanie21

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Get her a 256GB minimum if she plans on taking lots of Photos and Videos as 64GB won’t be great in the long term.

Considering how good the iPhone 8 Plus and X are right now (I have relatives and a friend who have both) and not a single issue with them, 11 Pro Max should be great for a long time to come unless something like Touch Disease happens lol, but it seems Apple learnt their lesson there.

Thoroughly enjoying my 11 Pro Max, it’s been a dependable daily driver, get a colour she would like, a nice case for it and screen protector! I have not even had the A13 chip heat up, which is something I had a few times with the A12 in my Xs Max.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bethanie21 and cuzo

cuzo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
Get her a 256GB minimum if she plans on taking lots of Photos and Videos as 64GB won’t be great in the long term.

Considering how good the iPhone 8 Plus and X are right now (I have relatives and a friend who have both) and not a single issue with them, 11 Pro Max should be great for a long time to come unless something like Touch Disease happens lol, but it seems Apple learnt their lesson there.

Thoroughly enjoying my 11 Pro Max, it’s been a dependable daily driver, get a colour she would like, a nice case for it and screen protector! I have not even had the A13 chip heat up, which is something I had a few times with the A12 in my Xs Max.
got her the green 64gb, she should be happy and got her a speck grip case.

big upgrade from her XR and I will sell that myself.

I wanted to get the 12 myself only due to the redesign and hold it will fit in my hand

Reactions: Tsepz

TechLord

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2020
My mums 6s doesn't even freeze up doing daily tasks, it's just a bit slow at this point for high end games, video rendering etc but even those tasks can be achieved, just a bit slower than anything more modern. Its aged very well and easily useable. 11 pro max should be fine till like 2025 or 26. Could probably do basic tasks longer but I wouldn't keep it beyond IOS support.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
iPhones don’t just stutter and freeze up. The 11 PM was last year’s top model and should last for years.

Htsi

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2020
The Ram is the only thing which will make a long term difference. Battery replacements are cheap @ apple now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.